PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I’ve been a huge fan since I bought my first Jesse Jones pipe in late 2014. He’s only gotten better, and better, and better. Here are a few of mine:
43ffb682-890d-4aef-b0ef-1dab188a09ee-600x450.jpg

08c4dee1-0e61-4af1-b59a-1cc1b32cc851-600x450.jpg

bea339b1-aa5d-4a51-bd50-863143f6978f-600x450.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Jesse Jones - Good carver. I'd heard that he does restorations for secondhandpipes. First time I've seen his work clearly identified. Nice job!
I heard the same. Secondhand has some big dollar estates from time to time, I always assumed they were Jesse's handiwork. We met him at the only New Orleans pipe show, he was just across from Ryan Aldens table. A pretty interesting guy. (I think he was working with Smokers Haven at the time? He was active on the Brothers of Briar website when he first started carving and I believe he did estate work to that point. His skill set ramped up fast!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Really don't care for podcasts, too much chat. Looked up his work, and while mostly too traditional for my tastes, not bad at all.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whatever was done needed doing. It's an impressive pipe spiffed up, and not too bad in the before picture either. And I'm not even a Dunhill guy. I'm not sure why the person responsible is a mystery, but I now know, it's not Mr. Cook.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
You gave me quite a serious start and the shivers too George .

The Dunhill I just finished is the spitting image of Jesse's( he does a much better job, but I am not entirely dissatisfied ), only with a slightly bent stem.

There is still a little work to be done on the dot, it was totally worn out.

I do not get something about the ferrule : it is not hallmarked as such and does not look like silver .

Ages like sterling silver though , so what is it ?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The Dunhill I just finished is the spitting image of Jesse's( he does a much better job, but I am not entirely dissatisfied ), only with a slightly bent stem.

There is still a little work to be done on the dot, it was totally worn out.

I do not get something about the ferrule : it is not hallmarked as such and does not look like silver .

Ages like sterling silver though , so what is it ?
This board has an unofficial law that all references to a specific pipe, or part of a pipe, must be accompanied by one or more photos. :mrgreen:

dquisenberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2016
dallas tx
That group 6 black blast 120 shape on the last legible row is mine. I wanted a larger 120 shape to match my birth pipe. It's an amazing piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.