Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I discovered this show last night on Amazon Prime Video. I honestly have not laughed as much or as hard in a long time as I did watching it.

The premise is it's a live play being filmed and broadcast on TV but everything in the play goes wrong. Everything from mis-cues, fouled up lines, stage hands inappropriately in shots, prop failures, and everything else. Obviously these things are planned but the live theater aspect really enhances the experience.

If you decide to give it a go I offer the following warning: beware of eating/drinking while watching. I had to carefully choose when to take a sip of my rum while watching in order to avoid choking on it or spraying it everywhere.

Well done to whomever came up with this.

My favorite episode so far this "The Pilot Episode" which is not the pilot episode rather it's about a WWII pilot which makes it a pilot episode just not the pilot episode... You see where this is going? And that's just the intro.

I discovered this show last night on Amazon Prime Video. I honestly have not laughed as much or as hard in a long time as I did watching it.

The premise is it's a live play being filmed and broadcast on TV but everything in the play goes wrong. Everything from mis-cues, fouled up lines, stage hands inappropriately in shots, prop failures, and everything else. Obviously these things are planned but the live theater aspect really enhances the experience.

If you decide to give it a go I offer the following warning: beware of eating/drinking while watching. I had to carefully choose when to take a sip of my rum while watching in order to avoid choking on it or spraying it everywhere.

Well done to whomever came up with this.

My favorite episode so far this "The Pilot Episode" which is not the pilot episode rather it's about a WWII pilot which makes it a pilot episode just not the pilot episode... You see where this is going? And that's just the intro.
Sounds British.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've just heard about it. However I find that kind of pandemonium humor works best on stage. Something about a mass of humans in the same room really adds a ton to the experience.
Considering that the play is about the performance of a stage play where everything possible goes to shit and it just builds and builds, seeing it as a live stage play really adds to the sense of reality and the hilarity of the calamity.

Status
Not open for further replies.