PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I've been on a Frosty Mint journey, smoking straight into the nitro cold winds of minty sweet and bitterness. Along the way I've frozen the back of my mouth and traumatized my taste buts. But the journey has not been without its rewards. Thanks to the rigorous work of our friend @BarrelProof , the proper usage of Frosty Mint as a condiment is revealing itself to aromatic lovers far and wide.

My proposition is simple. Post your favorite Home Blend recipes that you have made that utilize Frosty Mint so that others will feel inspired and take the icy plunge themselves. Highbrow need not apply.

Here is one I am enjoying right now and will keep...

Sutliff Dark Chocolate with Frosty Mint.

7 parts Dark Chocolate
1 part Frosty Mint

telescopes

In keeping with the experiment, my lab work shows the results of mixing Frosty Mint with Lane 1Q at a 1:7 ratio of FM to Lane 1Q. I am calling this mix, EZ2. Again, thanks to pipe smoker @BarrelProof for his encouragement and suggestions to try the magic ratio of 1:7. The video lacks real sound for the first 12 seconds.

Cigarette smokers fleeing persecution of those who would take the Kool out of mint can look to Frosty Mint as a way to give them that feeling of being hip hop all day long using FM as a reminder of days of yore misspent with the ladies with the gold teeths.

Last edited:

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier

In keeping with the experiment, my lab work shows the results of mixing Frosty Mint with Lane 1Q at a 1:7 ratio of FM to Lane 1Q. I am calling this mix, EZ2. Again, thanks to pipe smoker @BarrelProof for his encouragement and suggestions to try the magic ratio of 1:7. The video lacks real sound for the first 12 seconds.

Cigarette smokers fleeing persecution of those who would take the Kool out of mint can look to Frosty Mint as a way to give them that feeling of being hip hop all day long using FM as a reminder of days of yore misspent with the ladies with the gold teeths.

Leave it jarred and try it again in 2 weeks and compare your notes. I’ve found the 2 week mark to be the magic number for when the Frosty Mint kinda settles down to complimentary level. It’s good fresh, no doubt, but I think that a couple of weeks in the jar tones it down to the right level. I tried a smaller concentration and didn’t get the same effect. I think it has to do with the other constituents absorbing the chaos that is Frosty Mint. When I lowered the concentration, once it settled down after a couple of weeks, it wasn’t quite the same (read: strong enough to be enjoyable).

Also - if you like it at 1:7 with Lane 1-Q, you’ll love it at the same ratio with Watch City’s 4-Q.

telescopes

Leave it jarred and try it again in 2 weeks and compare your notes. I’ve found the 2 week mark to be the magic number for when the Frosty Mint kinda settles down to complimentary level. It’s good fresh, no doubt, but I think that a couple of weeks in the jar tones it down to the right level. I tried a smaller concentration and didn’t get the same effect. I think it has to do with the other constituents absorbing the chaos that is Frosty Mint. When I lowered the concentration, once it settled down after a couple of weeks, it wasn’t quite the same (read: strong enough to be enjoyable).

Also - if you like it at 1:7 with Lane 1-Q, you’ll love it at the same ratio with Watch City’s 4-Q.
I’m glad you said that. I was hopeful that would be the case. I guess I’m on to Watch City. I’m smoking Lane BCA with Ole Frosty right now. I hope the federal government keeps this out of the hands of certain groups, LOL who knows what might happen. It is certainly a pleasant twist on smoking a pipe.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
You guys are fucking mad leaf scientists.
Seriously! I've never smoked Frosty Mint, don't have a strong urge to try it, and aside from buying a pack of Newports every 5 years or so back when I smoked cigs, I've never really cared for menthol or minty smokeless tobaccos...

But I am absolutely fascinated by their experiments. My stepbrother just moved back to our area, and discovered menthol cigs are no longer sold in our city. Maybe I will whip him up a combo of Frosty Mint and maybe some D&R Three Sails and/or Rowland and see if I can't come up with something close to the 'Ports for him.

Reactions: gervais

telescopes

Seriously! I've never smoked Frosty Mint, don't have a strong urge to try it, and aside from buying a pack of Newports every 5 years or so back when I smoked cigs, I've never really cared for menthol or minty smokeless tobaccos...

But I am absolutely fascinated by their experiments. My stepbrother just moved back to our area, and discovered menthol cigs are no longer sold in our city. Maybe I will whip him up a combo of Frosty Mint and maybe some D&R Three Sails and/or Rowland and see if I can't come up with something close to the 'Ports for him.
It’s contagious. And delicious.

Reactions: gervais

telescopes

This time, I light up what I am calling EZ1, named after my mother's CB Handle back in the 60s, although @BarrelProof really holds the claim to the official title of what this should be called. It is a 5:2:1 blend of C&D Mocha, Sutliff Chocolate Supreme, and of course, Frosty Mint. His choice of tobaccos and the appropriate ratio is nothing less than brilliant. The Frosty mint in the raw blend starts at the back of the band and works its way forward to center stage as the smoke goes on. However, it is clear that with some aging, the Mocha and the Chocolate will own this LP. It is a home run. To those naysayers who would shoot down the value of Frosty Mint, what can I say. It is an important mixer in making some regular tobaccos sing and it puts the fun back in.... fun. I would encourage @Sweet Home Alabama to give it a try and see if it can remind him why a Southern Man don't need Neil Young around anyhow. @BROBS is sitting on a pound of this stuff. Mix it up, baby, spin the disco globe and dance like nothing can stop you now. Turn that warm up suit in for a nice leisure suit. You've earned it.

John C.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2020
Rhode Island
My mad scientist blend was 1oz of Molto Dolce (just too goopy), 1/2oz of Daughters & Ryan Wintergold, and 1/2oz of Ramback Gold. One could substitute Frosty Mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.