PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm so not a morning person. But desperation goads one on.:LOL: So hit up Walmart shortly after they opened today. Still no TP there but they had a limited supply of ground beef, so got some. They're wisely now limiting the amount they allow customers to buy. Then hit up a Dollar General as I'd heard they get deliveries on Wednesdays. Got a 4-pack of TP. They had few packs available. Also picked up some garbage bags there as they're one of the new items being snatched up by hoarders around here it seems. Being a retired person, had the luxury of being able to shop early in the am. The poor folks who have to shop later in the day will, unfortunately, be out of luck. I don't know how much of these shortages are due to panic buying and how much is due to supply shortages, but am starting to think the federal government may have to take nearly as much interest in the state of the food and sundry supply chain as they are the medical equipment soon.

Had no tp, but they had ground beef. You have started using ground beef to wipe???? Hahaha

I'm glad I kept reading. It made more sense then.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
No TP, PT, or Kleenex at our stores, but plenty of baby wipes!!!

We still have a huge costco stash of both, since well before this all started, but for those of you out there fearing butt crust or bleach buckets, I just thought I’d point that out.

Many people actually prefer them to TP anyway.

Reactions: sablebrush52

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Never thought about Staples as a source of TP. Got me curious so looked on their website. You must have got the last Al, none in stock. Though could have bought a sign off them reading do not throw paper towels in the toilet. :ROFLMAO:
My plumber friend made a sign he's giving out that says "throw everything in the toilet, it will be fine". False news.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Had no tp, but they had ground beef. You have started using ground beef to wipe???? Hahaha

I'm glad I kept reading. It made more sense then.
I visited a friend earler today to bring her some heavy duty gloves and some 99% alcohol. We took a walk together and afterwards I stopped by a Trader Joes to pick up a few things. They were very well stocked with all their usual items except toilet paper, paper towels and tofu. Tofu?? What can I say, it's L.A..

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I visited a friend earler today to bring her some heavy duty gloves and some 99% alcohol. We took a walk together and afterwards I stopped by a Trader Joes to pick up a few things. They were very well stocked with all their usual items except toilet paper, paper towels and tofu. Tofu?? What can I say, it's L.A..
Now that our state has just issued a stay at home order, expect another wave of hoarding around here. Every week there's a new head-scratcher when it comes to hoarding. Last week, all the OTC pain relievers were gone from Walmart. Perhaps more folks are dealing with pandemic-triggered hang-overs? It's almost fun to puzzle out the why's.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.