PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
Title edited for caps. Rule 9. -jpm

In the past, all you can eat crab fund raisers were looked forward to in my landlocked neck of the woods. I could not only support local charities but I could get my fill of crab. Crab could also be found on sale
for around $7/lb and was the star of many of our Super Bowl parties.
No longer. Inflation put the kibosh on that, and I'm truly missing my crab fix.

Now the problem with all you can eat crab fund raisers is that it will spoil you.
i mean what's the point of making a trip al the way to the coast and going crabbing if you can simple buy some dinner tickets and get a tax receipt to boot?

Well, going crabbing is fun, as much fun as eating them.
I came across this youtube this morning and found it inspiring
In the past, all you can eat crab fund raisers were looked forward to in my landlocked neck of the woods. I could not only support local charities but I could get my fill of crab. Crab could also be found on sale

No the problem with all you can eat crab fund raisers is that it will spoil you.
i mean what's the point of making a trip al the way to the coast and going crabbing if you can simple buy some dinner tickets and get a tax receipt to boot?

I came across this youtube this morning and found it inspiring and thought I'd share it here
[VIDEO]

I believe an outing like this will become an annual trip for us.
I---must---have---my---crab!

I believe an outing like this will become an annual camping trip for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Title edited for caps. Rule 9. -jpm

Now the problem with all you can eat crab fund raisers is that it will spoil you.

I came across this youtube this morning and found it inspiring

No the problem with all you can eat crab fund raisers is that it will spoil you.

I came across this youtube this morning and found it inspiring and thought I'd share it here
[VIDEO]

I believe an outing like this will become an annual trip for us.

I believe an outing like this will become an annual camping trip for us.
I feel your pain! Here in SE Georgia shrimping is a huge industry. From May through the end of December we gorge ourselves on fresh caught local shrimp. After the season closes, everyone in the whole county looks like this……?
It’s the saddest day of the year.

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
Blue Points, no? Their site features that they are "garlic crabs", but that's how they are served.

For Blue Points I'd head to Maryland!

Florida has a fine crab specie, but I forget what it's called. Ah! I think it's the Stone Crab. Not tasted for 40 years.
I'm not sure what happened with the duplication on my end. I deleted and rewrote and somehow the deleted paragraphs returned from the dead! Or that I've responded to your12;15 post but your 1:03 post was quoted?
I'm sorry I'm just not getting the hang of things around here