PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
We watched the movie, "The Dig" on a streaming service Friday night.

Interesting tale about an old school working stiff realizing a personal dream and unearthing a valuable historic site.

He was clenching his one pipe pretty much from the open to the credits.

Good film.

1612724339629.jpeg

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Saw it, and already posted in “What Are You Watching...” thread. It was OK... a little slow, but kept my interest knowing that it was based on a true story. Otherwise, my ADD might have kicked in... ? Glad that “Basil Brown” ultimately received recognition for his work.

Ok ok ok, if you're going to twist my arm... I do have a few criticisms.
So, it's a movie about a woman that hires someone to just do some digging. He throws a tantrum about his wages, he refuses to dig where she wants him to, and he runs off at the drop of a hat only to be coaxed back in with ego boosts. And, they started so many story lines and never closed a single one of them.
Was that married archeologist gay?
Did she just go sleeping around with everyone?
Did that guy who went to war live?
Did they just leave that plane in the water like that?
Why did Basel never have kids? He acted like it was a big deal.
When did that sick woman die? before or after it went to the museum?
What tobacco did Basel smoke? Was it a Lakeland? They never showed how Basel stored or carried his tobacco!! Did he use Mason Jars?
How did Basel check the air in his tires?
What happened to that boy?
Did Basel sleep in that trailer?
Where did the horses go after they dropped off that trailer?
What was in those other mounds? Did anyone ever check?
Would the beer in that hotel be a craft beer? Did they use hops?

Damnit movies like this drive me nuts. And, Basel was never pictured wearing a hat like the actor wore. He always wore a slouch. Why did they chose to show him in the Indiana Jones hat?

I think we get a glimpse of a tin in one of the tents, but am not sure. The real story is interesting too if you google it. The Wiki is pretty detailed though accuracy can always be in question.
Shouldn't he have jarred that tin? Did he rely on the seals, or did they spray vinegar on his lakelands?

Status
Not open for further replies.