PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Wonderful selections. Enjoy!

I don’t drink much hard liquor anymore, but many years ago celebrated a big event by treating myself to a bottle of Hine Triomphe

Reactions: shanez

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Those both look promising, I'll be over in a minute. rotf Just finished a bottle of Pierre Ferrand Ambre that was wonderful- full of fruit and like silk on the tongue (and under $50). Currently sipping Daniel Bouju Royal, which clocks in at 120 proof, but is actually drinkable at that strength, though I usually bring it down with some water. Amazing.

And don't laugh at that E&J. I buy the blue label for making cocktails. It has an over the top vanilla note that turns a Side Car into a creamsicle.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Where’s the E&J?!?!

While technically not Cognac it is at least a Brandy so here we go:

This bottle is really quite nice and very reasonably priced. It is an excellent mixer. It is my go to when making sangria. I've also added to a Starbucks vanilla coffee made in my kuerig machine and it was phenomenal. Can't wait to try it in some egg nog. I also plan on trying it in a sidecar which is essentially a whiskey sour with Brandy.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Dang I forgot E&J was brandy! Been that long!

do you have some Hennessy too?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Here's my current favorite:

This is Cognac for those of us who have a sweet tooth. Plenty of vanilla, a little bit of cream. Also a tea like quality and some stewed fruit. Exceptionally smooth but still complex. A slight oakiness throughout. At least that's what I get out of it.

Reactions: rushx9 and python

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Tesseron is where the big boys get a lot of the old stuff for their blends. Tesseron XO is a great blend for those unwilling to spend big bucks. Hennessy ( One of the Wild Geese chiefs who made good in France.) Paradis is a grand blend for those special occasions ... you know, when a Ford drive by the house.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Can't shell out for the long aged Cognacs these days but I've come to really appreciate Raynal (3 Barrels) VSOP French brandy from Cognac, but not legally able to be called Cognac. Buttery, fresh leather, toffee, marzipan. So much better than VS Henny, Courvoisier, and Remy. Salignac VS is, however, surprisingly good. For mixing and cooking, I like Christian Bros. VSOP.

Reactions: shanez
Status
Not open for further replies.