Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I am thoroughly enjoying a pairing of a Manhattan (Rittenhouse Rye this time) and some aged Mac Baren Navy Flake. Also wasting brains cells pondering whether they are truly complimentary or if I just don’t care because I like them both independently.

It’s good to have First World Problems.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Damnit, now I want to get some red jungle fowls for my yard.

View attachment 180989
Some years back, when I was living in the country, there was a feral chicken that started living around my house. A friend thought it would be nice if the chicken has some company so she gave me a rooster. I learned a valuable lesson from this. Don't own a rooster if you like to sleep after the sun comes up. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your point of view, the rooster only lasted a couple of weeks before a fox got him. Bon appetit! puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To stick with the pipe tobacco question (not to be too pipe nerdy about this) I think if you can get a blend and a beverage to harmonize, that is quite a piece of luck. Blenders struggle for months and years to work out the proportions and balance of various tobaccos to their satisfaction. So if you can mix a blend and a beverage and get satisfaction, if that's what you mean by pairing, it's a good thing.

bigjohnshea

Lurker
Mar 15, 2022
Egg. The chicken would have been the product of evolution (ie. mutation of a prior species) but would have been birthed via an egg.