PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I had a great time. Tried some very old tobaccos, was gifted a lot of samples and tins, was gifted a meer and two other pipes, bought a Charatan pot and a holy grail, which was a EXEXEL pre-transition Barling pot, and met a lot of people in person I had known only in the forums. Got a great pic of Pipestud and me, who also gifted me a tin of vintage tobacco. Thanks, Steve, and everybody else who gave me stuff. Didn't sleep much and have a hoarse throat, but it was worth it for all the fun I had. As soon as I get the rest of the photos, I'll post them on my Facebook page.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I got a fair deal on it, too. Check your e-mail for the pics Jon Guss took of it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Another myth shot straight to hell, durn it!!! :D
You might find it funny to know that a couple people were actually surprised I was not Edward G. Robinson himself. Now, that was funny!!! :crazy: :rofl:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
This was the second year I have attended and it was a blast! And for those of you who don't know, I beat Manduela AND Rie to bring the Women's Division Slow Smoke Contest title back to the good ol' USofA!! One of the two of them has won it for about 8 years now so it was no small feat. Carrying the trophy home on the airplane was fun too.
Atta girl, Scottie!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Congrats, Scottie! Great news.... Hope the rest of the show was great for you.
And if anyone is curious about Edw. G or JimInks, there are photos from the last Las Vegas Show.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
LOL! Got my bad guys mixed up. :cry:
But Jim, you do look more like Cagney than Edward G. :D
As for me, well heck, I'm the spittin' image of Robert Redford (in his younger days), don't you think? :puffy:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
After he was face up during a hail storm for an after noon! :nana: :rofl:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Oh, wait. Steve gave me a free tin of tobacco. So make that one hour.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Thanks for the kind words, gentlefolk. And, huge congratulations and a rousing "Brava!" to Scottie. Well done!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
And for those of you who don't know, I beat Manduela AND Rie to bring the Women's Division Slow Smoke Contest title back to the good ol' USofA!!
Photo by Scottie Piersel ladybriarpipes
tqeSOLT.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Greta and I had a great time as always! Rolled back into Sarasota after midnight on Monday...It always seems to take a couple of days to recover after that event...Too much fun!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like the major pipe show in the U.S. Maybe the NYC (in New Jersey) pipe show is a rival. I haven't been to either. But this one looks about as expansive and comprehensive as they come. I think economics just mandate a venue well outside the city, rent and hotel rooms being what they are. You get a pipe show or a trip to Chicago, but not both in one venue. Chicago is a great city, well worth visiting, but it almost preempts a show or meeting.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One of the major disadvantages of Chicago is that there would not be a tent to smoke in.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Yeah, thats what I assumed.
I love this town, but permits and stuff can be problematic. Add to that Hotel prices and the rental of a large enough meeting place, tickets would be well over $15.00

Status
Not open for further replies.