PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The PipeHub guys have posted some interesting video of the show (originally live streaming).

https://www.pipehub.com/blog/post/pipehub-live-streaming-the-2017-chicago-pipe-show

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I just bought a Scottie Peirsal cutty. She tossed in a bowl of 83 McCrains Red Ribbon. I am in the tent right now.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Another thank you for taking time to post all the pictures jvnshr :)

Pipestud I look forward to next saturday!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I just got home from the show and enjoyed myself again this year. I picked up a couple pipes (one at the swap/sell on Friday and one at the show today) and a couple tins of the McClelland's 40th Anniversary. I attended the showing of Father the Flame on Friday night, and thought it was good. I spent a little time in the tent talking with various folks and met some really great people. The weather ended up being nice, which was an added bonus. Lastly, I had the best breakfast I've ever had in my life this morning (and I've had a lot), a stuffed biscuit at a place called Buttermilk. Wow! :puffy:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I was a bit overwhelmed. It was more than I expected but I got to meet Adam, and Jiminks and Steve Fallon and a few other folks.
I bought a nice pipe and enjoyed the whole thing.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
We welcomed Vernon Vig and Greg Pease as this years Doctor of Pipes at the dinner tonight. Congratulations! 8O

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
We welcomed Vernon Vig and Greg Pease as this years Doctor of Pipes at the dinner tonight. Congratulations!
Thank you, Dave. It's quite an honor. I really wish I could have been there in person. Family things. Hopefully next year...

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Man, those are some pretty pictures of some pretty pipes. There are quite a few there that I'd be happy to add to the aggregation I loosely think of as my "collection." *sigh* Sometimes I wish I didn't like pipes so much...

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I've only been to Chicago once. It was while driving home to BC from Ontario on my/our motorcycle, the 'our' signifying SWMBO sitting in the passenger seat. BC and Ontario are in Canada in case you are wondering. It was a Tuesday. It was at 5:00pm. It was raining. No I'm lying, it was pouring rain. No I'm lying; it was deluging.

SWMBO was navigating. Dang; I'm lying again. She was CUSSING more than she was navigating.

The map was wet. Actually the map was a soggy handful of mushy cardboard that SWMBO dropped at one of the pivotal moments along the 47 lane tool both riddled, sodden, soggy road.

It was May of 1991. There were no electronics. No GPS. No. Cell. Phones.

We got lost. Very, very lost. SWMBO went from cussing to crying to really, really cussing. I feared for my life. The dangers of a big city are totally insignificant compared to the danger of a soggy, soaking, wife who has began cussing for the second time while shivering on the passenger seat of a motorcycle. At 5:00pm. In the rain. In or near Chicago.

Somewhere along the 47 lane tool both ridden highway I found God. The sombitch was no help because he was as lost as I was.

I swore I would never, ever, ever go anywhere near Chicago again let alone INTO Chicago.

Maybe they should change the name from the Chicago Pipe Show to the Near Chicago Pipe Show...

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Sounds like any day's typical drive in or around Chicago, shikano53. Your point?

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Congratulations Mr. Pease, your contributions to our hobby are immense and those of us who have cellared your wonderful creations will still be enjoying your work (hopefully) many, many years from now.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not a fan of The Dan Ryan "Expressway", the "Eden", or any of the major roads around Chicago. But the city itself is a fine one.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Congratulations Mr. Pease, your contributions to our hobby are immense and those of us who have cellared your wonderful creations will still be enjoying your work (hopefully) many, many years from now.
Count me among those who are in that category. And congratulations, Greg. Well deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.