PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Its so strange that my tampers seems to be disappearing. I've only lost 1 pipe that I am aware of, haven't lost any lighters that I am aware of but I've definitely lost a few tamps. EJ made me 2 and I am missing one of them. :cry:
What have you lost?

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I have the same problem with reading glasses. I seems I spend half my life looking for something that was in my hands a minute ago! Age you know...

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My wife found my second Czech tool in the bin with her curlers the other night, when we were getting dressed for a concert. I'd been wondering where it went... :D

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
When my tampers are missing I go down to the laundry and grab one out of the small bowl my wife puts them in.
I always leave stuff in my pockets.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I have lost countless tampers, only to find them a day later. I also have a Zippo that I bought 15 years ago at Niagra Falls, I must have lost that thing a hundred times. Now where did I put that thing......

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Just rediscovered a old Czech friend that had wondered off with out asking to land of many broken things . I suffer from CRS = cant remember sh.. . But I hear that when you pass away all your missing socks and screw drivers are all waiting for you .

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My problem isn't my pipe and cigar items as I do a pretty good job of keeping track of all that. My problem is my tools. I seem to always be losing my tape measure, screwdriver, duct tape even if I was just using them 5 minutes ago. It's really annoying.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I hear ya bro. I lost my car keys for about twenty minutes once. But found them. IN MY LEFT HAND.
Wasn't even drunk.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've easily bought 20-30?? Czech tools. Truly lost well over half, the rest can get scattered, or I'll happen to find a bunch one day and have a big pile! I've also lost two zippos :( First one years ago, finally bought a new one 1.5 years ago. I felt good that I kept it so long, but it's been gone for a few weeks now...

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Wasn't even drunk.
Always a bit demoralizing when that happens, eh? As for me, I used to lose sunglasses left and right. I would go inside somewhere and take them off. Set them down and forget about them. Bam. Gone. Finally stopped buying nice sunglasses and got a cheapo pair. That was over two years ago. Figures I can keep track of this pair.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Oh, I got it figured. I would lose Czech tools at an alarming rate, even for a codger.
So, I decided to put the tool on my carabiner with my car keys! Yes sir, that'll fix the problem.
You guessed it. Lost the whole shebang. Took me three days to find carabiner and keys.
But, no Czech tool.
Now, where did I put that thing? It was here a minute ago.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
+1 Sean
I have about a dozen of the pipe nails, because they're so inexpensive I don't seem to loose them like I would if they were "good". Everytime I place a TAD I throw in a nail or two to round out the order.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I don't mind losing any of them except for my EJ Tampers and my Boswell Antler tampers. I HAVE to find my missing EJ.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Oh, I got it figured. I would lose Czech tools at an alarming rate, even for a codger.
So, I decided to put the tool on my carabiner with my car keys! Yes sir, that'll fix the problem.
You guessed it. Lost the whole shebang. Took me three days to find carabiner and keys.
But, no Czech tool.
Now, where did I put that thing? It was here a minute ago.
I was about to type this comment, almost exactly word for word.
Tampers are a bit like left footed socks. I imagine there is some kind of elven woodland creature who runs around at night stealing them for nefarious, but unexplained purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.