PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
But, NSFisher, you live in Canada and, with all due respect, that very seriously limits you options.
So for Canadians, your preferences apply, but to we in the USA, not so much. [/quote]For now my brother,for now!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Smokingpipes.com

pipesandcigars.com

cupojoes.com

4noggins.com
These are the only ones I've used. All are great, Cup of Joes tends to be a bit more expensive then the other 3

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Pipes and Cigars is my favorite (absolutely marvelous customer service!), but I also like B&B, Tobacco General, and Milan Tobacco.
Least favorite - Thompson Cigar. As I mentioned in an email to Russ O. at P&C last week, the slogan for Thompson's customer service group should be, "If you don't like what we offer, too bad", because that's basically the response I've gotten from them when I've contacted them. (Like it would be the most difficult thing in the world for them to sell individual tins instead of having five-tin minimum orders for a lot of their tobaccos.)

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Least favorite - Thompson Cigar. As I mentioned in an email to Russ O. at P&C last week, the slogan for Thompson's customer service group should be, "If you don't like what we offer, too bad", because that's basically the response I've gotten from them when I've contacted them. (Like it would be the most difficult thing in the world for them to sell individual tins instead of having five-tin minimum orders for a lot of their tobaccos.)
Ahh yes, I believe the theoretical foundation of that business model is called the Future Unemployment (or, FU for short) method of commerce, popularized in the pre-Internet days, but still holding many proponents.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
P&C for 90% of my orders and House of Calabash when I can afford it..... Irishman's 5 o'clock is incredible!

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I tend to go with P&C and 4 noggins Pretty much though I am thinking of having a look at some of the european shops to see if they ship to me. As long as it gets here with out the customs getting their paws on it I am happy

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I do comparison shopping on every order and use P&C, 4 Noggins and smokingpipes 95 percent of the time. I hope I do not offend anyone with this but I will not give my business to cup of joe's. I resent the fact that they are charging 90.00 for a pound of SG Best Brown flake. They know there is a shortage in the marketplace and they are gouging on their price. I have bought this blend for as little as 58.00 and as much as 64.00 at numerous places. In my opinion they are trying to take advantage of a shortage and that is disrespectful to their customers. I used to order from them years ago but not anymore.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I haven't ordered from Cup Of Joe's because their selection and prices are not as good as Pipes and Cigars.

df95

Lurker
Apr 26, 2015
I regret that I must warn about pipesandcigars.com because they do not support the products that they sell. I purchased several pipes with metal stems and removable wooden bowls. The bowl were obviously made of some soft wood rather than briar and burned right through in a short time (2 smokes!). I complained to pipesandcigars.com and was told these defective pipes were not returnable because I had smoked them - - even though I explained that the defect only revealed itself after smoking. All I asked for was replacement bowls but was treated with abuse and rudeness by their customer service.
I agree that pipesandcigars.com has good prices but ONE BAD EXPERIENCE wipes out any savings. I had spent $200 on defective pipes with no recourse. How many bags of tobacco at a bargain price would it take to compensate for that?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've gotten too many botched orders and damaged tins from P&C. I don't do business with them.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
I bounce between smokingpipes and pipesandcigars. SP takes the prize when it comes to packing with care.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I've only ordered tobacco from them (what isn't on back order or sold out that is) and never had trouble.

@Chasingembers - Is the Herring Sandwich tagline in reference to Opus from Bloom County?

Wow! Look at the memory glands on Davet!! Impressive sir! 8O :worship:

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Sounds like you should ask Nording for a refund if all 3 of them were bad from a bad design. Why P&C still sells them is a good question.

I've never had a problem with P&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.