PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I have a Peterson spigot that had an extremely loose stem fitting right from the get go. It didn't fully spin around, but was loose enough that it could be easily sway back and forth 1/8"

This area here:
2CC45685-7C65-4F60-A650-A3B44805B6AB.jpeg

Anyways I smoked it regardless.
Well yesterday I was climbing out of my work van and had my pipe on my lunch cooler, and as I was getting out the cooler snagged and the pipe fell off onto the concrete driveway. After cursing the Gods and carefully inspecting my pipe for dings, I noticed that the stem was now rock solid tight and no ding on the pipe whatsoever!

Every once in a while.......

Jun 9, 2018
England
I have a Peterson spigot that had an extremely loose stem fitting right from the get go. It didn't fully spin around, but was loose enough that it could be easily sway back and forth 1/8"

This area here:
View attachment 192777

Anyways I smoked it regardless.
Well yesterday I was climbing out of my work van and had my pipe on my lunch cooler, and as I was getting out the cooler snagged and the pipe fell off onto the concrete driveway. After cursing the Gods and carefully inspecting my pipe for dings, I noticed that the stem was now rock solid tight and no ding on the pipe whatsoever!

Every once in a while.......
If you'd sent it to Peterson to have it fixed they'd probably have used the same method.