PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnian3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2015
Illinois
Sutliff's Barbados Plantation just happens to be one of my most favorite tobaccos, but it is a stormy relationship, this rum flavored weed. I am not going to write a dissertation, but I shall give you a Spark Notes run down of this tobacco .

Agony - The number one complaint from many a smoker when it comes to aromatics is the tongue bite. My friends, this tobacco has a nasty bite. You shall not escape these warrens without a scorch from the Barbados sun.

Ecstasy - This tobacco has the most intoxicating aroma. Rum, vanilla and a random panoply of exotic spice. If the Candyman had a cologne, it would be Barbados Plantation.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Sutliff's Barbados Plantation just happens to be one of my most favorite tobaccos, but it is a stormy relationship, this rum flavored weed. I am not going to write a dissertation, but I shall give you a Spark Notes run down of this tobacco .

Agony - The number one complaint from many a smoker when it comes to aromatics is the tongue bite. My friends, this tobacco has a nasty bite. You shall not escape these warrens without a scorch from the Barbados sun.

Ecstasy - This tobacco has the most intoxicating aroma. Rum, vanilla and a random panoply of exotic spice. If the Candyman had a cologne, it would be Barbados Plantation.
panoply-now you're talking!

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
If you like Barbados, try Wilkes Rumcake if you haven't. All mileage varies, but that's my favorite of the heavy-rum blends.

I've got pretty pedestrian taste-buds when it comes to pipe tobacco, but I'm fortunate in that I don't really encounter tounge bite to speak of. Typically it's linked (in pipe lore) to Virginia blends.....maybe I'm flat wrong in this impression but over the last few months I've seen posters refer to "and we all know aromatics are notorious for tounge bite". Can't say I ever thought aro's were a big culprit there....more like any blend smoked hot and fast can produce discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.