The 2021 Kansas City Pipe Show is CANCELLED (7/16/21)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013

Welcome one and all to the 21st Annual GKCPC Pipe & Tobacco Show. Sept 18th at the Abdallah Shrine Temple, 5300 Metcalf Ave, Mission, KS.

This will be a day and a half show. Friday, Sept 17th will be set-up with pre-show sales from 3:00 - 7:00 pm. At 7:00 the doors will be locked and we will retire to the large smoking tent on the patio (No smoking inside the building). There will be a cash bar.

For those of you who are coming from out of town, we will have a BBQ dinner spread at our pre-show club meeting on Thursday, Sept 16th, 8:00 pm at Kansas City's finest B&M: Cigar & Tabac. (Cigar & Tabac and the Abdallah Shrine Temple are just 7.5 miles apart, both just off Metcalf Ave... an easy 15 min drive).

There are numerous hotels in the area. The closest is the WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission. It's 1.5 miles away, a 4 min drive.

There are also numerous restaurants in the area, many within a 5 minute drive.

VENDORS: Tables are $100.00 each. Please contact me (Quinton Wells) to make reservations.

The showroom is secure and we will have covers for your table(s).

ATTENDEES: Admittance is free. Please note, absolutely NO outside alcohol will be tolerated. All alcoholic drinks must be purchased on site.

SCHEDULE:

Thursday, Sept 16th, 8:00 pm at Cigar & Tabac, GKCPC monthly meeting with BBQ welcome spread for out of town vendors & attendees. Please let me know if you will attend as I will need a head count to order the food.

Friday, Sept 17th, all day is set-up for the show. The smoking tent will be up, the bar will be open, and there will be a pre-sow from 3:00 - 7:00 pm, then to the tent....

Saturday, Sept 18th. The Show, 9:00 - 5:00. Cash bar & smoking tent.

We know there are a lot of people out there that have missed being able to attend a pipe show for the last year and a half. Welcome back! We look forward to seeing you again.

Further details will be announced soon.

Quinton Wells

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
No, new smokers will have no problem. One of the best things about the event is being able to sit down outside and talk to people. When it comes to pipes the veterans will spill their knowledge all over you. This is not a secret clan that keeps to itself. The only difficulty you may have is sorting out all the conflicting advice you will get. Pipe smoking ain't easy McGee.

If interested you can reach Quinton at quinton@gkcpipeclub.com.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
No, new smokers will have no problem. One of the best things about the event is being able to sit down outside and talk to people. When it comes to pipes the veterans will spill their knowledge all over you. This is not a secret clan that keeps to itself. The only difficulty you may have is sorting out all the conflicting advice you will get. Pipe smoking ain't easy McGee.

If interested you can reach Quinton at quinton@gkcpipeclub.com.
it helps to consider the advice as things to try not rules to live by.

Reactions: 3rdguy and kcghost

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Of course... how could it happen otherwise?

The Mighty COVID Monster (latest version) just shut everything down. No sooner than the plans were finalized and the show announced, the plug was pulled. NOT Quinton's doing, I assure you.

I wish I was kidding.

Mods, please delete this entire thread, since the header will continue to read wrong and there's no way to be sure that everyone makes it down to this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.