PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I am not a slave to the wicked weed! My willpower is stronger than the siren call! I am tired of being known as the old dude who constantly has a pipe sticking out of his maw. This morning I went cold turkey. Success! It has been over five hours now, and am not feeling the least bit of temptation. Hey, where did I put that Savinelli?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I quit cold turkey for years in solidarity with my late wife who quit a multi-pack cigarette habit on her third try; her final illness did not relate to smoking, at least according to current or earlier medical science. I resumed the pipe regularly when my current wife was in rehab after hip surgeries, to center in the evening after helping her. So many can come and go as needed or thought efficacious.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I am tired of being known as the old dude who constantly has a pipe sticking out of his maw
May I ask? if you don't mind, why does that bother you?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
John, there's a sandwich shop here in Vegas called Capriotti's that has exactly what you describe. They call it the "Bobby" and it's their claim to fame.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
"I am tired of being known as the old dude who constantly has a pipe sticking out of his maw
May I ask? if you don't mind, why does that bother you?"
Because it makes it more difficult to pick up 20 yr old chicas!

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Because it makes it more difficult to pick up 20 yr old chicas!
:D ....fair enough.
Just means you have to buy a sexier pipe.
I must agree with that. When I'm smoking a lovat stuffed full of my cow shit and iodine blend (Germain's Special Latakia Flake) it's obvious to everyone that I am the sexiest man on earth. If it wasn't for my bad language and bargepole I would get no peace from the opposite sex whatsoever.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Well, I'm obviously a babe magnet with or without a pipe in my mouth. But, I've never had the urge to quit smoking my pipes so I can't really relate to this thread. Besides, I'm spending too much of my time fighting off the women right now.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I only have to fight off one woman and it is quite enough, thank you...
jay-roger.jpg

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Damn! I just put 2 turkeys in the smoker. Guess I’ll try to quit in 5-6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.