PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Kevin, To be quite honest I did not know how to load an avatar until I joined the forum, I just followed the instuctions provided and did not have to much of a problem, I had to try a couple of times and I got it, I will be the first to say that I am a computer illiterate and if I can do it, most anyone else can, Im dumber than a bag of rocks when it comes to computer literacy, also Im not to good at sentence structure either, Im a Redneck Bastard for Gawds sake, what else do you expect!!! :puffpipe:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
So, chopz, is that a question mark tattoo or some sort of brand right there on the center of your gray face? :)

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Good job alienating new members by insulting their computer literacy. I've been lurking for a week or so and I liked the vibe here. What's the point in dragging out the forum nazi uniform? Ill probably just get run off now for speaking up... :?

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Really? This is one of the friendliest forums on the internet. Kevin is a human just like the rest of us and he's allowed to want to interact with people who provide useful, interesting, and personal information in pursuit of friendship and the joy of a shared hobby.
I have a hard time interacting with blank avatars because your avatar says something about your personality, even if it's not a photo of you. It's hard to form a reply when you don't have an idea of how the person on the other end of the internet will interpret it.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Dylan, lighten up, it's a rant. Anyway, you've now invoked Godwin's Law and we have to close this thread.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Godwin's doesn't necessarily mean that the thread must end, only that the longer it continues the probability of someone getting called a nazi approaches 1. Otherwise, half the internet would be gone.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I have a hard time interacting with blank avatars because your avatar says something about your personality, even if it's not a photo of you. It's hard to form a reply when you don't have an idea of how the person on the other end of the internet will interpret it.
My typical avatar is this:
Bat_Boy.PNG

I think what this usually says about me is "this is not someone I want to interact with" :) So I went with my slightly more friendly actual photo this time.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
True cyndi, the law itself only states that as the thread grows longer it becomes more likely that a comparison will be made to Hitler or Nazi's. It has been traditionally held that, anyone who makes that comparison immediately loses the argument and the discussion is ended. However, you are correct, that tradtition isn't codified in the actual law.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
In all honesty, I'm not sure HOW I got my avatars to show up. I tried and tried and tried and didn't get ANYWHERE! Then in my desperation and did SOMETHING and it worked. I've been too afraid to try to change it.
mark has a point, the cigar site has me completely baffled (but as seen above, I'm still not sure how the damn thing works).
dylan- I have to admit, Kevin has these little tirades almost quarterly, and usually with good reason. Just chill with us quiet guys in the back of the room and the storm will pass. I got some FVF if you wanna try it... LOL!
-Jason
P.S.- WTH is Godwin's Law?

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
WHY is this still an open thread?!?!? Hello! Mods?! Kevin?!?!?! ANYONE?!?!?!?!
We're failing at the internet right now people!!!!
:wink:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the link. One more example of how wikipedia will one day morph in the Hitchhiker's Guide.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.