PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvento

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
Hello all - just signed up last week. What a pleasant surprise to receive all the friend requests.
A little about me - I have only been smoking a pipe for the last year. After my mother past away early last year I inherited my grandfathers pipes. I have very fond memories as a child going into grandpa's study while he was smoking and just sitting there with him. So, now at 42 years of age I have re-discovered pipes for myself!
After my initial corncob + tobacco store cherry aromatic disaster, I bought a Peterson Shannon pipe and some finer quality aromatics (Ben Hartwell, Peterson, etc..).
I am now exploring Latakia's - purchased some Pease Lagonda due to the excellent review on this site - Loved it!, now I am in middle earth with all the Frog Mortons.
This community is a great resource with fantastic sponsors ( I think I have shopped at each of them in the last year, and we are very fortunate to be served by them).
Again- Thanks for having me!
Christian

cvento

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Christian, welcome to the mad house of pipe smokers, you have chosen well, great info and always a friendly conversation to be had... :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You made the right choice in coming here. Lot of classy people here just WAITING to help out another pipe smoker in need. Be sure to check out all of the articles on here as well. Great info for everyone.
WELCOME!

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I usually feel like this, from Groucho Marx:
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." :mrgreen:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to the site! If you have any questions, no matter how dumb you think they are, ask away. You'l likely get many different answers, most helpful, some (I'm looking at you, hauntedmyst) you'll need to take with a grain of salt. Chances are, you're not the only one who has these questions.
-Jason
P.S.- please remember to put your new threads in the correct subject heading, otherwise our Mods, Bubba and Lawrence will get pissy.

Status
Not open for further replies.