PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
This blend really exceeded my expectations unlike all these so called limited releases I sucker myself into buying. It was enjoyable out of the bag but only got better after a few days in a jar. Reminds me a bit of Cuban Mixture with some additional twists although I don’t believe it has anywhere as many tobaccos in it as that superb blend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like it too. It's mild but flavorful, and it smokes evenly without many relights and goes fine in almost any pipe.

I think we're doing Thanksgiving as a couple, not trying to gather, but with lots of phone duty I expect. Over several days, my wife will cook a duck which she does well as few can, maybe turkey legs for one supper, and maybe some take-out sushi from a good sushi place to get her out of the kitchen (to get us out of the kitchen since I am sous chef and dish washer). Of course the cats will attend, bidding for any tasty tidbits, which are much better than that fancy dancy cat food they get. I hope everyone has a good holiday.

Jan 27, 2020
I like it too. It's mild but flavorful, and it smokes evenly without many relights and goes fine in almost any pipe.

I think we're doing Thanksgiving as a couple, not trying to gather, but with lots of phone duty I expect. Over several days, my wife will cook a duck which she does well as few can, maybe turkey legs for one supper, and maybe some take-out sushi from a good sushi place to get her out of the kitchen (to get us out of the kitchen since I am sous chef and dish washer). Of course the cats will attend, bidding for any tasty tidbits, which are much better than that fancy dancy cat food they get. I hope everyone has a good holiday.

Yes, same here and hope others are too. Best to live to see another Thanksgiving. Anyway, I really don't care for turkey and the family I usually feel obligated to spend the holiday with are very Mayflower in their cooking, which isn't a compliment. Duck, goose, etc. are much better options to turkey thats for sure although my menu will be fish and seafood heavy.

Wish I could say I would wait to smoke the Peretti on the day in question but doesn't seem like a promise I could keep.

Last edited:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I enjoy Peretti's Thanksgiving Day. I always get a slight tongue bite from it though. Maybe I need to dry it more.

Reactions: ashdigger

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Yes, same here and hope others are too. Best to live to see another Thanksgiving. Anyway, I really don't care for turkey and the family I usually feel obligated to spend the holiday with are very Mayflower in their cooking, which isn't a compliment. Duck, goose, etc. are much better options to turkey thats for sure although my menu will be fish and seafood heavy.

Wish I could say I would wait to smoke the Peretti on the day in question but doesn't seem like a promise I could keep.
I've been a vegetarian for nearly thirty years but still remember when I did eat meat, telling family and friends if they wanted turkey for Christmas that they're welcome to cook it themselves.

Turkey is nice when cooked well but, I always preferred duck or chicken, especially since I was the cook.

Jan 27, 2020
I've been a vegetarian for nearly thirty years but still remember when I did eat meat, telling family and friends if they wanted turkey for Christmas that they're welcome to cook it themselves.

Turkey is nice when cooked well but, I always preferred duck or chicken, especially since I was the cook.

I recently became vegetarian, well, pescatarian (lame word I know and a bit hypocritical) a few months ago. Hasn't been hard at all not that I'm preaching to anyone. I plan to make bacalhau, stuffed trout, and who knows what else for Thanksgiving. Everyone knows its really the side dishes people like anyways...

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I'm getting my order of Thanksgiving Day on Wednesday just in time for a bowl on Thursday. Having a small get together, me my wife, our eight children, her parents, my parents, her grandmother, my aunt and uncle, two of her aunts and uncles, and a niece. Representing Tennessee, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia, Louisiana and North Carolina. Family, good food and pipes.

Reactions: chopper

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I could eat turkey every week of the year. We usually do two between Thanksgiving and New Year's.

As for the Thanksgiving Day blend, I've gone through two 4 ounce cakes in the last two years.

I kept it in the plastic sleeve in which it came and kept that inside a ziplock. It never did degrade and, in fact, seems to become more enjoyable as time wears on. It's very easy going and low maintenance and the subtle flavorings seem to stay with it through the months and maybe even get a bit more prominent. (more likely, my understanding of it has improved)

I'm skipping it this year, since it seems to last me so long. I think I do have another year old one sealed in mylar somewhere, should the urge strike.

I have a bag of LJP Omega in the latakia pile that's beckoning to me, though.

1606194000280.png

Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I recently became vegetarian, well, pescatarian (lame word I know and a bit hypocritical) a few months ago. Hasn't been hard at all not that I'm preaching to anyone. I plan to make bacalhau, stuffed trout, and who knows what else for Thanksgiving. Everyone knows its really the side dishes people like anyways...
No not at all. Pescatarian is telling it how it is.

Unlike so many vegans, I don't consider it any of my business what others choose to eat.
How I became a vegetarian is a story in itself. Basically I cut out meat to lose weight [I was a rather solid 120kg with a herniated disc]
Over an 18 month period I whittled down to 90kg and by that point when I'd reached my goal weight, I no longer felt the desire to feast on meat. So I'm an accidental vegetarian.

I'll tell you what is lame and hypocritical; you'd be surprised how many people call themselves a vegetarian but who eat fish. Some also eat poultry.
I've been to a few 'vegetarians' homes who served up fish for dinner [That was before I considered myself a vegie so I ate the fish. It was good, :LOL: ]

But my absolute favourite 'vegetarian' was the girl who told me ''I'm vegetarian except on Sundays when the family sits down to a roast dinner.'' She only ate the rare roast beef to ''spare my mothers feelings'' you understand.

It's like some people think it's cool to call themselves a vegetarian I guess.
It could be worse though; ever met a vegan? Most are fanatical miserable bastards.
I usually tell them that they look like they're in need of a decent feed and should get themselves a steak. :ROFLMAO:

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
I just jarred my cake up in anxious anticipation of tomorrow. This is the first year I pulled the trigger on thanksgiving day and I’m planning on enjoying a couple of bowls this week and squirreling the rest away for next year.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
I just jarred my cake up in anxious anticipation of tomorrow. This is the first year I pulled the trigger on thanksgiving day and I’m planning on enjoying a couple of bowls this week and squirreling the rest away for next year.

Enjoy! I bought three bars stuck two in mylar and jarred the last one which I've been hitting. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.