Testing the System (Full forum functions restored)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes
24 Fresh Estate Pipes
New Cigars
12 Fresh Johs Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
These SNAFU's have really put a dent in my clandestine PM.com merchandizing operation. I hope it gets fixed soon. :crying:
FYI, I still have a sh-tload of these available for cheap.

Plate.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Where are you uploading your images from? I use imgur which works like a charm and I've never had any issues whatsoever with it.
He is talking about the member photo albums. IMGUR is an independent hosting site, to share photo's that can be shown in treads. Mine below (empty, I use Photobucket).
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/ssjones/album/picture

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
He is talking about the member photo albums. IMGUR is an independent hosting site, to share photo's that can be shown in treads. Mine below (empty, I use Photobucket).
OK... I've never used or tried to upload any images on the member photo album as I never knew it existed.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Go to Homepage....hover on My Account....hover on Album....choose pictures or upload. Once you learn the drill it's simple. The original directions in the first posts on posting pictures should all be deleted and redone. They are the biggest reason some guys never figured out how to post a pic because there is so much confusing crap there. IMO

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Actually I'm talking about both..I never really understood why there is a need for a third party photo site (photobucket,imgur) when it would be much simplier to just have an add icon/button that could replace it. But I have tried photobucket and really didn't have much luck. User error I'm sure..

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Most guys who went to a third party photo site were probably overly confused with the instructions on how to load a photo onsite. I know I was until I basically figured out something that worked by hit or miss.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've never had any difficulty using the on site albums. The only limit imposed is the size of your image once uploaded. High resolution images get resized automatically. Images posted from a third party source don't get resized. Once you have uploaded images to your album, posting them is also simple.
Once you have uploaded the images to your album, do the following:
1. Go to your album and click on the thumbnail of the image that you want to share, so that you open the image's page.
2. If you are using a Mac, hold down the "control" key and click on the image to open a pop up menu and select "copy image location". If you are on a PC, I believe that you right click to access the same pop up menu. In either case you want to select "copy image location".
3. Go to the forum and click in your reply window.
4. Select "IMG" from the menu above and paste the image location that you copied, into the IMG window. Click OK. You will see the image location flanked by IMG in your post.
5. Click "send post". Your image will appear in your post.
clark_gable_pipe-430x600.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I tried uploading a picture to my empty forum album and rec'd the message below. To this point, I haven't attempted to upload a picture, but apparently now pictures are not resized.
Upload Failed! Error was: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.
The picture I attempted was 132 kb and 960 x 540 pixels, which strikes me as pretty small.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I am still having an issue adding photos how I usually do from my phone...still received an error.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Not a big deal but I'm not getting email notifications for PMs.
Hell, I've been here for a year and a half and I've never received any email notification for a PM!

I've been meaning to contact Kevin about the issue but I always let it slip from my mind (amongst a hundred other things in my life).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Not a big deal but I'm not getting email notifications for PMs.
I thought I wasn't either, than I found them in my Junk Mail folder (I use Outlook). I had to reset my Outlook rules to get them to go directly to the correct folder.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Still can't upload pictures, just tried a 46KB 800 x 600 px...error message,
Upload Failed! Error was: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sorry guys. I got busy on some other things. I was told days ago that the file size for uploads was increased, but there must be some other setting overriding it. I'm working on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.