PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have held off posting anything related to my personal life on forums and even with my current life events I was hesitant. I am just that way it seems.

However, I need the reassurance of the brothers I've come to know here.

It all started last week on January 1st, my wife felt sore throughout her chest, went to doctor and found out she has Pleurisy(bacterial lung infection), doctor had her on antibiotics, but she got worse and complained stomach pain. Could not take medicine or eat, barely drink. Then we find out she has Pancreatitus and that is making her sicker. So we took her to the ER on Sunday and she has been in ICU there ever since. With no idea how long before she comes home. She is getting better, but is very weak sill. She is also diabetic and her blood sugar spiked.

Please send out some positive vibes, prayers, etc. for her at this time, we need it.

Thanks, Jason

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Jason, I'm sorry to hear this news, know that we in the Russell house have you both in our thoughts. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
-- Pat

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Sorry to hear this - thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Jason, I'm sending good vibes your way. Nothing worse than that helpless feeling when a loved one is sick and there isn't anything you can do to help them. Hang in there.
-Jason
*Edit* just realized why your handle is voorhees. Cute. I always get sh!t on any Friday the 13th that rolls around, too.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Hang in there Jason. You being there for her is as important as any medicine.
Positive thoughts and wishes,
Darin

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Jason my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know your pain all too well sir. My wife has been in the hospital for 2 years now and it is the hardest and most frustrating experience you will ever encounter. Treat the nurses well and you will be taken care of. You've likely been given this advice 1000 times already but you do need to try to take care of yourself. Try to eat properly, get as much sleep as you can. You need your strength to be there for your wife. You can do this, and it sounds like she is getting better and will recover. If you want to vent to someone who knows all too well what you're dealing with shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to try to help.
Brian

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Prayers being sent for you and your wife. Talk with her doctor in advance of hospital release so that some home health care assistance can be sent out. Insurance should cover nurses for medical treatment as well as aides to help with personal care and cooking etc. By doing this in advance you and your wife will not be additionally stressed out when she first gets home.

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
Jason and Brian, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. A few years ago my wife and I went through a scare, in which she was hospitalized with what turned out to be a rare, serious (as in potentially fatal), and difficult to diagnose disease. I am happy to report that once she was properly diagnosed and a correct course of treatment initiated, she made a rapid and complete recovery, and other than the whole experience being traumatic and truly scary for both of us, everything turned out great. I am thankful we have good health insurance, as the hospital tab at the end was frighteningly large. I truly hope that your wives recover soon, as I know a little about what you must be going through.
Anthony

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Jason:
You were on top of things getting her to the hospital for care. These are (were) serious ailments and need medical professionals at every step of the way.
You are both in my prayers ands well wishes for a speedy recovery.
Terry

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Jason
You will both be in my prayers!! I had pleurisy about a year ago also. Took a solid month to get back to normal but I am hoping your wife has the same results!
Rick

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Jason, you are both in my prayers. May God grant your wife a speedy recovery. The good news is that you report that she is getting better, albeit slowly. But better is better, and may it continue.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Jason, I am new here but I will most certainly send prayers for you and your wife. I hope that good blessings and a quick recovery find you both.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.