Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Has anyone had experience with TED Tobacco? Are they a legit site?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
BUMP for sittingbear.

I'm not familiar with them. Looks like mostly for the RYO crowd, though there are a few decent tins listed.

Three Yelp reviews. One from a year ago is a good review. Both from this year are 1-star reviews, so it could be a less than stellar experience.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Thanks, Jay. I'm curious because they're selling 5 lb. boxes of 507-C for $99. I was afraid to mention that here for fear of everyone rushing to buy it out, but it looks like no one is paying attention to this thread anyway! :LOL:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
No experience whatsoever with TED.

But it reminded me of TED Talks... Would love to see a pipe smoker extoll the virtues of smoking. Not gonna happen.
they might do that. I have a friend that did one and according to him it was pretty open what they let him talk about. Which might explain why some of those talks are amazing and some of them are also amazing but in a steaming pile of talking kind of way.

MoExpo

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
I ordered what seemed to be too good to be true box of CAO carb on Monday. It's Friday still no tracking #, I've called the phone number left a voicemail nobody answers. I've emailed asking for a tracking#...nothing. I told them I will dispute the charge with my bank if I don't have a tracking# by Monday. This is why I was hesitant to use them need to stick with Thompson or Atlantic Cigar they ship immediately with tracking#.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I ordered what seemed to be too good to be true box of CAO carb on Monday. It's Friday still no tracking #, I've called the phone number left a voicemail nobody answers. I've emailed asking for a tracking#...nothing. I told them I will dispute the charge with my bank if I don't have a tracking# by Monday.
Sounds just like JR Cigar

if you’re JR you say that you don’t stock the item after I wait for 3 weeks. Then instead of refunding, I get the product in 3 months. I thought they didn’t stock it?!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
No experience whatsoever with TED.

But it reminded me of TED Talks... Would love to see a pipe smoker extoll the virtues of smoking. Not gonna happen.

While smoking his pipe! Would be fascinating to see how man people freak and head for the exits.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.