PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Any members know how to make some good old sweet tea like You get down south? thanks :?:

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
down here where the congrete gets hot enough to fry eggs.

we make sun tea which to some makes a better tasting tea. just put a jug of tap, spring(if you have a source), store bought, water with your favorite tea out in the hot sun, and sweeten to flavor. really, all you need is the sunlight. can make it year round down here.

happy sipping! :wink:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Hey Ace57...not quite on topic but if you love the taste of Southern Tea - you might want to try Boswell's "Sweet Tea." It's aroma and taste are right on in the flavor department. Not sure if smoking "Sweet Tea" is a ... ahem...your cup of tea. :lol: But if you like an occasional Aro - but this is a good one.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Luzianne is a real favorite down here, loaded with sugar..of course. Take a small pot fill it with spring water(don't want to drink chlorine), put in 3 family sized tea bags, bring to a boil, pour in a 1 gallon pitcher and add more spring water.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Bring a quart of water to a boil. Add 3 tea bags and take pot off burner. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes. In a gallon container add 2 cups of sugar. (I use a little less than two cups) Pour tea into gallon container. Leave tea bags in pot and run water on them and just keep adding the water till container is full. Then put it in the fridge. All I drink is sweet tea. Hope you enjoy.

abel

Lurker
Jun 9, 2011
I make mine just like mp13guitar except I use 4 tea bags and 2 full cups of sugar.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Southern tea is sweet tea, plain and simple. Pretty much how Baskerville and mp31guitar spelled it out. Sometimes I'll add mint from my garden but that's just my taste.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Sugar is the key. We never added anything other than sugar to the sweet tea. That's the true southern way!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks to all, I drove truck for a bit and never could get good sweet tea untill I would go south, I asked a few down there but the ones I asked would say You have to come back if You like it and wouldn't tell Me so thank you all very much. I'll be in sweet tea delite now with My pipe. :clap:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
mp31guitar, I made Your sweet tea last night and had some today, it's mmm-good. Thanks alot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.