PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AvgKsHunter

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2023
I am considering purchasing a pipe from Canada. Anyone have experience with doing so and if taxes/duties have been prohibitive? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I am considering purchasing a pipe from Canada. Anyone have experience with doing so and if taxes/duties have been prohibitive? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve purchased estates from Canada and never noticed any issues. I live in Nevada and pay taxes on internet purchases. But no duty.

Reactions: AvgKsHunter

Templekeeper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2023
Toronto
Canada taxes tobacco much more heavily than many states in the US. Nonetheless I've made several purchases of tobacco and accessories in the US, have them shipped to Canada and have no issue with additional taxes or customs. Buying a pipe in Canada and shipping to US ought to be even less of an issue.

AvgKsHunter

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2023
Canada taxes tobacco much more heavily than many states in the US. Nonetheless I've made several purchases of tobacco and accessories in the US, have them shipped to Canada and have no issue with additional taxes or customs. Buying a pipe in Canada and shipping to US ought to be even less of an issue.
Thanks for the feedback. I took the chance and bought a pipe from Canada through eBay. Seller used Canadian Post and it got through without issue. My concern was due to all the things I was reading about pipes etc getting held up coming from England (Europe).

Reactions: Templekeeper

Templekeeper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2023
Toronto
Thanks for the feedback. I took the chance and bought a pipe from Canada through eBay. Seller used Canadian Post and it got through without issue. My concern was due to all the things I was reading about pipes etc getting held up coming from England (Europe).
Good to hear! And I hadn't heard about the issue with England (Europe) either, so good to keep in mind. I just ordered a pipe and accessory from Denmark a few weeks ago and it arrived to Canada without hassle (or customs or tariffs)

Reactions: AvgKsHunter