Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Pant leg after every use will prevent this from needing to be done! :rofl:

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
This threads brings to mind how I deal with condensation from the stem when I am smoking (which occurs much less often these days, since I learned how to sip).
I use my sock. I don't often have a napkin close and, when I do, I am usually too lazy to get up to get it.
It doesn't work for my tamper, but that job is much more involved. Relatively speaking.

seaninkitale

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
I'm not sure what my issue is. I tried cleaning the tool last week. For the most part the tamper is clean. A few spots here and there. The spoon, however, is a different story. Only about half of it got clean. The top (end) of the spoon is still caked with stuff. It is very crusty, and doesn't want to come off at all. I tried soaking it in hot water for a while, then used an abrasive soap (that's the best way to describe it) and a J-cloth. Maybe I just waited too long to clean it?
Thanks for all of the tips guys. This really is a friendly place! :puffy:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
sean: they cost 99 cents. Throw out of window, get new one. Fastest cleaning you'll ever have done.

seaninkitale

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
True. However, I'm in Kenya, and don't have access to a supplier. I will probably get a couple when I am back in Canada, but that won't be until either March, or September (Long story as to why).

briarfan63

Lurker
Dec 5, 2012
I treat my tamper the same way I treat my pipe. Bourbon is a great cleaning fluid. Hey, if we clean our pipes with it, why not use it on the tools we use. Dry it with a soft cloth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.