Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
I want one :worship:
talbert-vampire-600x416.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I know this is going to wrankle some feathers since so many love JT Cooke creations, myself included, but there is nobody out there today that is as out of the box as Trever Talbert when it comes to pipes. I have yet to have any pipe he’s made, be it his Ligne Bretagne series, Halloween series, Talbert pipe series or his Goblins and special Pipes, they are well engineered, great to look at and smoke like a dream, for a non standard shape pipe maker I can’t think of anyone finer to get a pipe from and I’m not humble in this opinion!

banjo

Jul 12, 2011
Now I really want one Banjo, lol ~ Maybe next year, I have exhausted all PAD funds this year already and it is ONLY March, ugh
talbertvampirer-600x432.jpg

talbertvampire4-600x394.jpg

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I usually dislike (hate) most freehand stuff. I like this though! Sold for $875 on his website.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I think he's one of those makers who sells his pipes within minutes of posting them on his site. Talbert lives near my tobacconist's shop and he adores him.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
Trevor Talbert is one of my most favorite pipe carvers.

I have wanted many of his inovative creations but they all sell out as soon as he is done making them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 3 of Trevers pipes and agree with all of the above. I was able to grab 2 Goblins and a Collector Ligne Bretagne. That pipe above is really pretty to my eye. One thing about Trevers pipes is he doesn't forget that they are first to be a smoking machine. The bowls are not 1.2" high and .5" deep. All three of mine are group 4-5 sized pipes that can be smoked for a good 1.5-2.0 hours.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Dang, only now finding this...! First, I wanted to say THANKS for all the kind words on our work! I say "our" since my wife Emily is also a really big part of our workshop output and helps me in just about every step, even though her "official" title here is "The woman who handles all the money stuff".
Also, to Anthony Rosenthal - Yep, the Godzillas & Pipes web comic is back. I started it back up again last month and there are already 4 or 5 new strips posted, and another in the works right now. Working on it is a total blast and I've definitely missed it.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Yeah yeah, Trever makes a nice pipe, but what really makes the pipes a treat are the accent rings and stems. Most of the time accent rings are a bandaid, a cut and paste or simply staid, but Trever imo, takes a more wholistic approach to the pipe.. I can’t recall ever getting excited to see minute detail in a ring or looking for translucent highlights in a stem elsewhere.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Good grief, guys, thanks for the kind words! I can't take credit for the nice grain displays, though, that's all in the briar. As far as everything else goes, I basically just do what's fun and what I like, and cross my fingers and hope it will sell. Back in the 90's people use to tell me my work was way too weird to sell, but I'm still doing it fulltime so I guess I managed to find a weird enough audience somewhere... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.