PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
[No, this isn't a seeking pity post; once the Oxycontin kicks in I'll be a lot better]
The bad is that my sciatica is flaring up so bad tonight that I can't walk...

but the GOOD is that, since I can't walk, I get to smoke my pipe inside tonight. :puffy:
Let this be a lesson to you, my friends - the bright side of things is often wonderful! The room smells so much nicer right now. Lol.
What about you guys? Has there been a time, due to injury or any other reason, that the lady/ladies of the house "allowed" you to smoke your pipe inside?
And as another thought - I think it's past time that we men stand up to the wife/girlfriend/teenage daughters and say "Damn it, I work hard to have this house/apartment and if I want to smoke inside, then damn it, I am going to smoke inside!".
After you do so, let us know if you can get wifi out in your shed, doghouse, or new cardboard box! :rofl:

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Hawk - LMAO!
Irish - you're a lucky man. I don't smoke in the house because of my preteen daughter.
Remember though, if a woman ever says it's me or the pipe - remember that the pipe is far cheaper and is much lower maintenance! Plus, there's never any sobbing or drama coming from the pipe.
Yeah, I know - you guys are shocked that I'm single. Bwahahahahaha!!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I feel your pain, too (literally). I have Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES: you can Google it if you're interested). After two back surgeries and lots of recovery time that included wheelchair, walkers, and more, I'm happy to say that I'm blessed to be able to do as much as I can as often as I do. The doctors said I'd never walk again but the Great Physician had other plans, thankfully. There's still pain, braces, a cane, and limitations but no wheelchair. Could always be worse and I'm thankful daily it isn't. Keep your chin up brother!

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I guess I'm lucky.I'm over 70 years old.Aside from a few aches and pains I'm in good health.I can walk 3 miles and often do.I've been smoking inside for over 40 years and the wife says she still loves me.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Coal and Greg: that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that, brothers. I'll keep ya both in my prayers.
Puffy: That's awesome! Here's to many more years of good health and a loving wife!

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
A S for me with encroachment into my hands, knees, hips and ankles... and i have something MUCH better than oxycodine to comfort me on the bad nights.
warden still don't let me smoke inside even though i tell her it is medicinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.