PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
The last two weeks I've been putting together a "squirrel away for the winter" and beyond list. I've ordered these from SmokingPipes, 4noggins, Mars Cigars and Smokers Haven. Today, the last of it finally arrived, so I thought I'd get it all together for the world to see. Andy the cat decided to sneak in for the picture too.
1 kg and a tin of SG Commonwealth
2 lbs Balkan Supreme
2 tins University Flake
1 tin Erinmore Flake ( they've changed the tin, last time I bought some it was in the skinny ones )
1 tin SG 1792
2012-10-16_12-05-38_70.jpg

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
rothnh, I'm running out of room. Not counting what I have open, there's close to 7 lbs / 3.5 kg of baccy in my pipe corner, along with 12 pipes, racks, jars, cleaning supplies etc. I'm using a small 3 shelf storage cabinet with doors....

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
need a bigger cabinet
Yes I do. It's one of those modular system ones from Target so I'll have to buy another couple pieces. Can't put the pipes out in the open due to space concerns ( 1 br apt ) and 9-month old baby girl who's starting to stand up on her own and get into stuff :)

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Wow! I wish I could stock up like that haha... it's too expensive in Canada and when ordering online I limit myself to what should be duty free which is about 200g per shipment I think.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
rc, I respect a man who knows what he likes! Good score.
By the way, is that bulk Gawith or just 5 tins packaged up to make 250g? Looks like bulk but I wouldn't know...

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
simenon, those are 250g foil ( I assume ) pouches, too lightweight to be 5 tins. I haven't yet had the need to open one, a 50g tin lasts me at least a week.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Nice haul!
Wow! I wish I could stock up like that haha... it's too expensive in Canada and when ordering online I limit myself to what should be duty free which is about 200g per shipment I think.
Vin, even ordering small amounts adds up after awhile, believe me. Plus, it's more fun to keep getting packages instead of all at once...

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
ordering small amounts adds up after awhile
+1. I didn't have all the money at once to get this stuff so it came from 4 different places. Thankfully, 4noggins has free shipping over $100, and Mars Cigars charges a flat rate. The other two from SP and Smokers Haven were small orders so postage wasn't all that bad.
Being in Alaska, the places that "eat" $10-$20 UPS freight in the lower 48 if you order over $100 apparently can't "eat" $10-$15 USPS Priority Flat to ship up here to us ....

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Yeah five tins wouldn't make sense, it'd be larger than that anyway. I just wanted to make sure.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Thanks, gnatjulio. Recovering from PAD, even though I am eyeballing some estate Petes at the moment. Had to slow down on the PAD because I realized I had too many pipes and not enough tobacco to smoke out of them .......

Status
Not open for further replies.