PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
At the rate I smoke (about a pound per year) I have enough tobacco of the blends I like (now) to last me ten years, or so. I'll likely keep my eye out for deals, FDA looming regs or unicorn blends that come up from time to time, but for now I'll return to my PAD.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, I'm a moderate to slow smoker too, with a modest stash that would/will last me for years. Since I occasionally "must" try some new-to-me blend or another, my leaf is always well ahead of my use. I have scores of pipes, mostly mid-grade work horses, but also a few higher end briars. In practical terms, I should sell or donate a few, not buy more! Buying stuff is way too fun; I try to forget that.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Every pipe I buy is the last I'll ever want. Ha. (The greatest lie in the English language is: Free Kitten. Just speaking of irony. Love my cats.)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
While I can't claim that I've completely ceased buying tobacco, the amount has reduced to a relative drop or two.
I have these random moments of clarity, when I look at my cellar and think, "What the hell were you thinking? You won't be around long enough to smoke half of this!"
Congratulations on beating your addiction!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
"What the hell were you thinking? You won't be around long enough to smoke half of this!"
I often have the same thought. I did the math once, at my current one bowl a week I have in the neighborhood of 30 years worth of tobacco in there. So essentially I wouldn't have to buy another tin until my 8 week old daughter is my age. But I'm sure some of those blends will be finding new homes at some point, and hopefully well aged tobacco will be a regular part of the rotation between now and then, haha.
But like any other good company, blenders will keep producing more and more new stuff to keep us buying (That is if the government lets them) so the cycle I'm sure will continue until I croak with a dresser full of tobacco and 20 unsmoked pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.