Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Finally, after actual whole days of waiting.
I placed my order Monday, April 22, late in the evening, so it was processed Tuesday. The order arrived today, April 25.
Free shipping from South Carolina (smokingpipes.com) to northern Virginia. I love those guys.
I don't know why I'm posting this, but here's what I got this time. Half a pound of it is to cellar now, which makes my ratio of cellaring one pound for every pound I buy about right. Wife is not sold on that idea, but hasn't complained too much.
Flakes:
Heinrich's DSF - 200 g

Erinmore - 50 g (never had it, had to try it, price is right)

PS LNF - 4 oz

Newminster 403 - 2 oz (I plan to buy in quantity to cellar if it's as good as everyone says)

GLP JackKnife Plug - 2 oz
English:
Hamborger Veermaster - 50 g

Blackhouse - 2 oz

Dunhill MM 965 - 4 oz

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
You're posting JB because many of us are interested in what fellow pipers are purchasing during their most recent bouts of TAD. Nice selection -You have great taste in tobacco.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Why, thank you.
I've never done one of these posts and it felt like bragging.
I do like to see what others are smoking, too, though.
May I say: after the briefest of drying times, I'm trying the Newminster. I believe it was Harris who was singing the praises of the round slices.
He was right. It's quite good now, but I'll bet with some age it will be amazing. At $35/lb you can't go wrong if you like VA/Bur.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
JB , the Hambourger is really good, you bought a great selection, as far as the Erinmore cube it and try it, then a suggestion, put the tin in the oven at 190 degs for about 6 to 7 hrs and then try it, you will be amazed at the difference, that's how I do my Erinmore.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Oh - can you bake an opened tin? I always thought they had to be sealed. I'll certainly try it.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Take a piece of aluminum foil and lay it over opened tin, place cover over it and voila it's ready, I would say bake it first but you won"t have any comparison, try it I believe you will like it.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Hamorger Veermaster is a virginia flake
Right. I'd edit that if I could.
Erinmore Flake is great
I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy the florals in the Lakeland blends and have high hopes for this to be a tropical alternative.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.