PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
So i put an order in through smokingpipes and it finally came today! Shipping up to Canada i thought it would take forever but it took 8 days including the weekend, so i am very very happy.
Got some Frog Morton, G.L.Pease Cairo, FVF and Squadron Leader. So i lit up some Froggy this evening. My very first exp with not just the Frog but with Englishes entirely. Boy oh boy what was i missing. All this time i had no idea what "smooth creamy" was meaning, now i understand. I love it.
I hope to try them all soon except the FVF. I'm going to pull a flake to try and pop the rest in a jar for some maturing.
I'm in totally uncharted territory for me now with all of these tobacco's...and i'm liking the journey so far.
Have a good night all...now to see if the wifey likes the hint of Lat on me when i go to bed haha.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Alex,
I also just ordered some Froggy, Chelsea Morning, and Dunhill EMP as my first foray into "real" tobacco. I am hoping to get them tomorrow so I can enjoy them over the weekend.
I wish you well on your new journey.
Cheers,
Dan :puffy:

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Sounds like some great picks. I haven't tried any of those blends but have heard good things about them. Happy smoking man!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Glad your enjoying it! I still haven't gotten around to trying the original Frog's. Keep meaning too.
Yazamitaz, I really really enjoy Chelsea Morning. Smooth, sweet, and creamy. I've been playing around with the "breath smoking" method someone brought up last week and it suits this tobacco perfectly.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Well the Frog is great. I had my first bowl yesterday and i was sold.
The tin note, with being totally new to this type of tobacco, was odd to say the least(i only have exp with aro's and some terrible ones at that). But once it got smoking it was phenomenal. I had a packing "issue" that caused me some frustration towards the lower end of the bowl, but that was purely user error haha...once things got going again i was a happy camper. So far i have yet to smoke a pipe tobacco that i "craved" the next day, and well...guess what i was doing all day at work haha
If this is a good intro English i am very very excited for the Squadron Leader.
I'm also breaking in my new Brigham, but i'll make another thread with some good PAD pics soon...

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I just ordered my first Frog Morton. It will be my first experience with an English, and I picked it on many recommendations like roth's. Supposed to be quite mild and enjoyable. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.