PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We're taking it slow, declaring this a no-pressure Christmas and New Years, do what we can when we can, with some take-out meals to give my wife and her dishwashing hubby a break. Some gifts we'll mail after the day. Others we've had shipped from the online retailers. Christmas lights on a tall houseplant is our tree, and we have the wreath on the door. A Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, enjoy yourselves and don't forget to take it easy too. One of my wife's gifts is a bottle of Smirnoff ... in which to steep her vanilla beans for homemade vanilla extract for baking. Forums, as always, is my remote learning for this and subsequent semesters.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
We are doing an only slightly modified Christmas. Food to be made, gathering to happen (with family i already see on the regular), presents done. My youngest brother was a turd and instigated adult presents this year. Not to be outdone, I am smoking his family a 15lb brisket for their gift. Muhuhuhuhahahaha.

20201223_123321.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Staying home this year and really looking forward to it, especially after spending the last 16 years loading the car and driving an hour to my wife's side of the family and staying til almost midnight on Christmas day. I love being home.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Got to work a half day tomorrow but we’re going to be dead. Most of the shops I deliver ever to are closed or closing early. Not much demand for auto parts on Christmas Eve.

Lawyer66

Can't Leave
Nov 21, 2020
Grand Cayman
I've got three pipes coming in (2 new and 1 estate) and lots of tobacco to try. Now all I need is a nice camping chair and I will be off to the races with sampling in the cool East End breeze. Merry Christmas to all!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Figured. I think I saw you mention production work somewhere. I used to run CNC machines making auto parts en masse. Worked many a holiday, 7 day week, fat paychecks (especially on 3rd shift) but never triple shifts. Don't drop dead, but run that change machine!
The company president saw me solving Rubik's puzzles one day and pulled me out of management and created a job for me to solve manufacturing and ergonomic issues. Offered me a six figure income to work company puzzles. rotf At triple time it'll be just over $189/hour on a 12 hour shift!

wastefulelectricequine-size-restricted-15022019-133901.gif

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The company president saw me solving Rubik's puzzles one day and pulled me out of management and created a job for me to solve manufacturing and ergonomic issues. Offered me a six figure income to work company puzzles. rotf At triple time it'll be just over $189/hour on a 12 hour shift!

View attachment 56933
123458.gif

Sounds like a sweet gig. Good for you! It's nice to find a challenging job that'$ well-rewarded.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.