PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I know it's early yet, but what are folks planning on smoking on Thanksgiving, anything special?
I am planning on cracking a jar of Kingfisher that is about a dozen years old. After we have our dinner, I plan on smoking a nice Tatuaje Fausto cigar. Its a nice fuller bodied smoke.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
During the day around others some butternut burley. Then when stuffed and back on the home front Penzance, as many bowls as I can stay awake for anyway.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
No special plans. Just packing along a couple of pipes for the trip and a pouch of tobacco. For some reason, when I go on trips I like to pack along a cased pair of Barlings that were sized for traveling. The case slips neatly into a coat pocket.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Not too early for me! I have a seven ounce tin of 1970's vintage MacBaren Va #1 that is currently my first pipe of the day, so that will continue until this magnificent old Virginia is gone. Picked this up on eBay for $25.00 and the tobacco is perfectly aged. Not even a need to rehydrate.
For later in the evening it will be a very old tin of Margate. I had the good sense to put up a few tins back in 1997 or so which were a couple of years old when I bought them. I am just about through a similar vintage of ASTB and it has been sublime. There will likely be nobody home after 7 PM or so because my wife heads to Toledo to do the "Black Friday" thing with her sister. A bottle of Graham's Six Grape Port will also be opened to enjoy over the weekend.
Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These things always happen by impulse and whim, but right now I'd guess I would follow that

annual feast with an English blend, probably Nat Sherman's 536 or Dunhill's MM 965. However,

Lane's LL-7 or a number of other blends are possible. I cannot even imagine the pipe I will

choose, anything from Missouri Meerschaum to Ser Jacopo.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I usually bust out a cigar on holidays. I have some Torano Exodus "50 years" that have almost 2 years on them at this point. They were good ROTT but getting better all the time!

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
2013 McClelland Christmas Cheer that I've had jarred for several months.
Same here, I bought a tin the first day it came out and there it sit for a few more days. Waiting just sucks.

~Ron

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Love tat's. Fausto sounds good after a big meal! I just popped a frog morton bayou and it's my favorite frog so far. I'll be switching between that, a 2009 christmas cheer, and maybe a couple others, and maybe a nice cigar... Avo or a Tat.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
As I'll probably be around crowds of family and friends for most of the day, I'll probably be smoking H&H Mazatec or FM Cellar. They both have pretty good room notes, and still have Latakia in them.

robertelliott

Lurker
Nov 5, 2012
When in doubt about a good tobacco to smoke ?

I always go to Mac Barens " Scottish Blend " in a

Stanwell. Anytime , any holiday . :puffy:

Jan 8, 2013
I'm thinking I'll start the day with a good bowl of Hearth and Home Black House and perhaps another bowl of it later in the day. My second blend is going to be an aro, I think. I really like Brigadier Black Bull Run and will enjoy it. I may also smoke a bowl of Hearth and Home Mohawk River, also an aro. I'm not certain if I like it or not yet. It's kind of up i the air. For some reason I've had a hard time keeping it lit, even with substantial drying time. Later I think I'll have a bowl of The Smoker Ltd's Wise Fox. I believe my final bowl of the day will be McClelland's Blue Mountain. I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving :)

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Will be going up to the mountains again, with the friend who bought his first pipe last Thanksgiving and had such a good time with it that it convinced me to give it a try... :D
Will probably be taking up my Viking Classic and some Lane's 1Q, the Stanwell Zebrano and some Escudo, and the Jobey with something English (either the tin of Frog Morton or one of the H&H English blends that I have on hand). May take the cobwarden along for fun, too.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Visiting the folks for Thanksgiving this year. My dad enjoys a good cigar so I will probably take a few to share with him after dinner. Maybe an Añejo or OpusX.

Status
Not open for further replies.