PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Looking to try a Latakia blend with Syrian Latakia in it, but not realty sure where to start.
Wondering if someone more experienced in Syrian Latakia could recommend their favorite Syrian blends?

Thanks!

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
McClelland's Three Oaks Syrian? I've heard it's quite good, although I haven't gotten my hands on it, yet.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=C&TID=3486

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Thanks, those were the ones I had herd of. What about From Morton ATP?
I would love to get my hands on some of Pease's Syrian blends, but they are so hard to find!
Cheers!

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
I'm smoking my first bowl of ATP right now and it's very good. Wish I was better at describing tobacco flavor and could let you know the details. I'm a fan of Frog Morton On the Town and regular FM so I thought I'd give their Syrian Latakia a try. Give 'er a whirl!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
If you want to approach this scientifically, you should get a tin of 3 Oaks Syrian and regular 3 Oaks (which contains Cyprian Latakia) and do your own comparison.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
If you want to approach this scientifically, you should get a tin of 3 Oaks Syrian and regular 3 Oaks (which contains Cyprian Latakia) and do your own comparison.
And then send us all samples so we can also partake in the scientific experiment. Because it's the scientific thing to do. :lol:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
What about From Morton ATP?
I don't care for the Frogs. I realize they are incredibly popular, but not with me.
It should be noted that any MacBaren's blend that contains latakia uses Syrian. This would include The Solent Mixture, which I also like, Plumcake, which is very light on the latakia,and Latakia Blend,which is even lighter. I have a tin of this and want to try it soon.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
This isn't a syrian latakia blend, But Its about80% Cyprian latakia. Its really nice and easy on the tongue.
H&H Cerberus
http://pipesandcigars.com/international.html

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I knew 3 Oaks Syrian was a great blend, but I never new it was THIS popular. If only it was in my budget for my next TAD. Maybe next month :puffy:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have way to many open, but will get around to them.

I'm like a kid on Christmas Day. I open everything I buy to try except things with the explicit intent of cellaring.
-Jason

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Thank you to all for the suggestions. I'm hearing a resounding 3OS and HHVS as recommendations.

FMATP will probably be my first venture into syria-land, as my local tobacconist has that one in stock.
Also, McClelland has several less popular syrian L blends that no one seems to mention... maybe because they are not worth mentioning??
Cheers all!

Status
Not open for further replies.