PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
In these continuing days of uncertain international shipping, thought I'd post a note to you fine folks saying that I recently made my first order of G&H-produced ropes and twists from Synjeco, and in addition to the fact that Daniel was incredibly kind and helpful (as befits his reputation), the package made it from Switzerland to my place in rural Vermont in 6 days. That's faster than many domestic shippers.
Wonderful experience, wonderful tobacco.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Never fear -- you can do a wire transfer. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be (I don't have amex either).

Wires generally cost money (although if you keep enough money with an institution they often comp them). Alternatively there are many Amex cards with annual fees ranging from zero on up.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
In these continuing days of uncertain international shipping, thought I'd post a note to you fine folks saying that I recently made my first order of G&H-produced ropes and twists from Synjeco, and in addition to the fact that Daniel was incredibly kind and helpful (as befits his reputation), the package made it from Switzerland to my place in rural Vermont in 6 days. That's faster than many domestic shippers.
Wonderful experience, wonderful tobacco.
Please: what shipping service was used? Thank you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Daniel is a great guy. Back in 2000-2001 I was buying Three Nuns from him. I am a complete idiot for not loading up big time on it. I should have bought 300 tins, but I had no idea that blends could become discontinued even something that popular. It is why when I built my cellar I go real deep and not real wide.
I did the same as you, only I did stock up on Three Nuns and Dunhill Navy Rolls. Still have some left, but they are not for sale or trade.

I ordered regularly from Daniel from 1998-2012. Never had a problem outside of not being told the Three Nuns recipe was changed in 2004. Daniel was always very easy to work with.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Wires generally cost money (although if you keep enough money with an institution they often comp them). Alternatively there are many Amex cards with annual fees ranging from zero on up.
The online wire service I used cost less than $2 -- def. worth it to me.

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Status
Not open for further replies.