PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I got this pipe at an estate sale for $1 and I cant find much information about the brand. So I thought I would through it out there and see if anyone knows anything about it! The only thing I can find is that it was made in France...
Thanks for your help!
IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Off hand the only Swiss maker I can think of is BBK .Here's the pipepedia page on Swiss makers. Looks like I missed several! http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Pipe_Brands_/_Makers#Switzerland

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I recently obtained a SWISS Dry Smoker myself. Its construction is along the line of the Peterson, however the "Well" is not like a Peterson nor the WDC Well System or the Kaywoodie/Yello Bole Chesterfield's. It has what appears to be a brass tube with a slot that allows the moisture to be collected into it. This tube is aprox 1/8 diameter and seems to be about 3/4" deep. The stem tip looks on the exterior like a P-Lip but the hole comes out straight and not towards the roof of the mouth.

More on this later with pics.
I did find this Patent which may be related.

DRY SMOKING PIPE

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Its new now, LOL, hehe, insert woody woodpecker laugh here.
Kidding aside, I did notice the dates here but there is so little info on the Swiss Pipe I thought posting in this thread would help to consolidate info on them
Swiss1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.