PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
been indulging glp odyssey and cuba libre. noticed it before, but sweet drinks tend to compliment tobacco rather well. usually drink diet pepsi with my smoke, but this cuba libre kick it up to another notch.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I smoked a bowl of Curly Strang(a gift) last night and took a sip of cherry koolaid(yes, I'm 5 yrs old :lol:) I had. It was quite complimentary. Some things do that.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Diet Pepsi. Gawd, jes' gawd..... OK, OK, yeah, I'm a Jawja boy, but DP is just way too sweet for me, sacchariny almost. But if it works for you, who would I be to judge? :)
Bill

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Back in my Nightcap days, I used to keep a jug of iced tea, sweetened and lemoned, pretty handy. The lemon seemed to bring out a nectary aftertaste, almost like honeysuckle dew.
That, however, is about as sweet as I get. I haven't had a canned soda in years.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
For me, sherry goes well with many pipe tobaccos, especially to offset the slight bitterness of latakia.
Scotch and cognac are fine, but when paired with tobacco, the strong flavours seem to drown each other out.
@bullet08 - you mention Greg's Odyssey which is an excellent blend having a sweetness of its own. The VAs contrast wonderfully with the latakia.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I always drink coffee or tea with a little splenda to sweeten it up while I'm smoking my pipe. Sometimes diet coke as well.
Coffee is the best. It makes all of my blends taste a lot better.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
In the mornings I'll drink sweetened black coffee, but later in the day I always drink A&W Root Beer because is doesn't have any caffeine. The root beer goes with any blend I smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes any potable liquid lends an extra thickness and flavor to a blend. I think sweet drinks can chime in nicely with some of the aromatics or simpler VA/bur/Cav blends.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Jackknife Plug and black coffee with sugar ... aaaah!
Mac Baren Club Blend and Arizona Green Tea w/Ginseng is a perfect match.
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and Mt. Dew Throwback (cane sugar version) is a great way to start a hot, hot day.
The list goes on (and your mileage will vary).
Vernors and Prince Albert in a cob ...
:puffy:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I very often drink Fanta Pineapple with my pipe, especially in hot weather. It pairs very well with tobacco.

i7hlCJi.jpg

taildraggin

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2019
Limeade (squeeze 9 limes/1 cup sugar, 2qts water), particularly with flakes. Seems to help with bite and is complementary in taste. Can be fortified with Rum.

Status
Not open for further replies.