Sweet Briar Smoke Shop Columbus, Ga (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I went to visit my Marine Corps buddy, the one I made the pipe for. He is stationed at Ft. Benning, Ga., which is in Columbus. There is a shop there named Sweet Briar, so I decided I should pay them a visit. The shop is located in a little strip mall and harkens back to the B&M's of old, which is a good thing. There is a nice big wooden indian to greet you as you enter, and a nice little sitting area in the back. The humidors are not walk in, but rather encompass the whole right wall. The other side has a few nice cases stuffed full of Savinellis, Petersons, and lots of nice Baskets. There were churchwardens, Pocket Pipes, as well as lots of normal shapes, even had a Peterson Meer. And pretty reasonably priced too. My first take on tobacco pricing was that I was going to break the bank as a tin of Sutfliff was marked $24.95, and I'm still not sure why, (I told the guy working there that they were way over priced and would never sell) but they also had a nice selection of Mac Baren tins, I purchased a tin of Virginia No. 1 and a tin of Vanilla Creme Ribbon Cut. Tins were 14.50, which is pretty good as I normally see 100 gram tins going at B&M's for about $18.00. They also had some Frog Morton and some other tins. In bulk they had about 24 to choose from. The staff were courteous and helpful. Overall I was pleased and would shop there again when I'm down that way. It is definitely worth a visit. Here are some pics.
image-28_zps0b74e66f.jpg

image-28_zps899e87b1.jpg

image-28_zps03279be2.jpg

image-28_zps42bfcaf4.jpg

image-28_zps5778a167.jpg

image-28_zps92603fec.jpg

image-28_zps1aede681.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Shaintiques, I frequent Sweet Briar. it is my favorite shop, but I have to stay out as I always want to buy a new pipe while I'm there.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.