PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Just received three tins of this limited (1800 tins) blend from MM. Burley/Virginia and aged for 90 days in a Peach Brandy Barrel. Sort of hoped that it might be like the Barrel Aged No. 1 which I love. It is not that ,and the presence of the Burley along with the Virginia rather than the Red Virginia of the other blend is likely the reason. It is, however, quite pleasant with a decent tobacco forward flavor with a faint fruity back note. Had I not known that it was peach, I would have said apricot, sort of like an apricot tea. A kind of of faint and musty apricot flavor. Not too aromatic and pleasant enough, especially for the summer. I would not smoke this regularly and I don't think that the $15.99 price tag is justified . However, I jumped and I have purchased other blends which are much worse. Nowhere near as nice as Sun Bear Black locust as a flavored blend might be something that some others might enjoy.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Update: I have now spent several days smoking this exclusively and now recommend it heartily. A perfect summer smoke, lightly sweet and fruity but not goopy. Burns slow and smokes cool. Very nice indeed. I ordered several more tins.
Smoked my first bowl today. I like it, though a few weeks in the jar may be in order. Still pretty fresh and needs to settle a bit in my opinion. Glad I didn't miss out on this one.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
I picked up 2 tins because it seemed as though it could have potential.But the name is regrettable. It sounds like a bad wine spritzer.

Have now read a handful of reviews, all have had favorable responses to the blend. Looking forward to trying it when the tins arrive.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I picked up 2 tins because it seemed as though it could have potential.But the name is regrettable. It sounds like a bad wine spritzer.

Have now read a handful of reviews, all have had favorable responses to the blend. Looking forward to trying it when the tins arrive.
I agree about the name, could also be a name for a room deodorizer. Nice blend...awful name

Reactions: drydock