PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
I was really excited to receive this blend but the excitement stopped when I tried it. After many smokes of this, it is very heavy on the maple with subtle hints of walnut but barely. It is a very sweet blend and feels as if I am swallowing a teaspoon of syrup with each draw. I wish there was more flavoring of walnut to balance this blend. But what do I know, I am newbie :)

Reactions: RainKing

RainKing

Might Stick Around
May 24, 2020
Tin note is very reminiscent of pancakes. A great fragrance, leaves a little to be desired on taste in my personal opinion. The walnut really shines more when you slowly sip this blend.

Reactions: jmill208 and BROBS

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I was really excited to receive this blend but the excitement stopped when I tried it. After many smokes of this, it is very heavy on the maple with subtle hints of walnut but barely. It is a very sweet blend and feels as if I am swallowing a teaspoon of syrup with each draw. I wish there was more flavoring of walnut to balance this blend. But what do I know, I am newbie :)

I'm really fond of maple aromatics & personally think Sutliff Maple Walnut is one of the best. It is heavy flavored toward the maple but I like that. I also have an unabashed sweet tooth & Maple Walnut satisfies from that standpoint too.

It's been my impression that C&D Autumn Evening is the front runner favorite of many folks in terms of maple aromatics. I do enjoy Autumn Evening but have a bit of trouble with the burn. Maple Walnut for me is much better in terms of simple "smokability".

RainKing

Might Stick Around
May 24, 2020
Most Sutliff blends require considerable drying in my opinion. This may have something to do with the storage of bulk tobaccos at the vendors.
I’ve had pretty good luck with Sutliff’s in the past. They are a little more moist, I agree. I tend to give them 10-15 minutes to air out depending on the blend. But everyone is different.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I’ve had pretty good luck with Sutliff’s in the past. They are a little more moist, I agree. I tend to give them 10-15 minutes to air out depending on the blend. But everyone is different.
I’m smoking their Edgeworth match, and when too wet, the cocoa casing overpowers the burleys. Dry it and they balance out nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.