PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Richmond CORPS show will be Saturday, Sept. 29. The day before that, Sutliff is having a really cool event at their factory for those who want to sign up for it, too.
FACTORY TOUR

EXTRAVAGANZA

Friday, September 28, 2018

Inaugural Factory Tour Event 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Sutliff Tobacco Company

600 Perdue Avenue

Richmond, VA 23224
We are very excited about this weekend full of pipe lover events in collaboration with the Conclave of Richmond Pipes Smokers (CORPS).

Have you ever been curious about where tobacco comes from, how it is processed, blended and packaged? Have you ever wanted to see and experience the life cycle of tobacco once it has been harvested and ready for processing? If so, you will definitely want to join us as we take you through the “Traditional Pipe Tobacco; Journey to Market” tour. Come see our factory in motion, test some new products and make your own tin of tobacco during our blending seminar (nominal fee of $1.00 will apply). We will even throw in some lunch.
Then, take time to enjoy the pipe club event we have all been waiting for: The Pipe Smoker’s Gathering on Saturday.

Must be at least 18 to attend tour and seminar. To register for this free factory event go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sutliff-tobacco-factory-tour- blending-seminar-premarket-launch-trials-tickets- 47559494729 Space is limited, so reserve your spot now.

Then, take time to enjoy the pipe club event we have all been waiting for: The Pipe Smoker’s Gathering on Saturday.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
To register for this free factory event go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sutliff-tobacco-factory-tour- blending-seminar-premarket-launch-trials-tickets- 47559494729
The link doesn't open for me.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
See if this works: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sutliff-tobacco-factory-tour-blending-seminar-premarket-launch-trials-tickets-47559494729?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So no golden tickets were hid in tins of Molto Dolce by the Sutliff Wutliffs? :crying:
golden-ticket-3.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very cool. I'm traveling on a limited basis because of my wife's mobility, so this isn't a likely jaunt for me, but under other circumstances, I'd do it. Richmond is a good city to visit. If you can get a deal on the room, The Jefferson Hotel is quite an experience, perhaps one of the largest lobbies in the world. It was used to house officers during WWII, if I recall, but was later restored to its former glory, and has since been renovated to its original glory maybe several times. Statuary, fountains, great buffets. My visit was years ago, so research its current status, but it was a good one. The Sutliff tour sounds terrific. I'm a fan of their products.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for the link, Jim. Dan Chlebove our estate pipe guru and pipe maker and I have registered. I got an email from Jeremy about the event and am really looking forward to it. Sounds like a good time.
Russ

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
re the Jefferson Hotel: beyond the lap of luxury! the staircase, I believe, was the grand staircase in Gone With The Wind, or is that Hal 'o the Wynd? Anyway it is a grand place to stay and eat! Take the lady there for a special occasion! A short drive (about5 min) to Sutliff's factory!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, that is 832 miles from home.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I think a friend of mine and I are going to make the trek from SC.

Then hit up some local breweries!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Russ and Jeremy ... two big guns in blending ... they alone make it worth the trip...with jiminks the omniscient reviewer!

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
BRYGUYSC: we're gathering Friday night at Extra Billy's BBQ - which is abuut 3/4 mile from the place where the show is on Saturday - and EB's has quite a good list of ales, etc.! WE CAN SMOKE ON THE PATIO!

BUT you have to sample Legend Brewery! It's the oldest microbrewery in Richmond, VA - in fact, of most of them in the US. They're Brown Ale has won awards around, the world! Good food too, AND they have a SMOKING ROOM!

There are only 16 more brewers in the Richmond aarea so plan on staying a little longer..... ;-)

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I've got my ticket and I'll be bringing a friend who has been interested in picking up the pipe. I'm super-stoked for this event, I'm a little surprised that it's not generating more excitement!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Too far, shame as I would love this. Guess I am lucky tty o have the Chicago show only 2 houds away.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Since this came up...
What other manufacturers do tours and where in the states are they located?
I'm stationed at Ft Campbell KY (right on the TN line) and as I drive through the country there are a lot of tobacco farms and quite a few of the fire cure during the harvest

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Gnarly, We might make it to the BBQ, but we also might be doing a bar crawl in Scott's Addition.

Look forward to seeing you guys.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
Hey, bryguysc - do be careful there in Scott's Addition. Oh, not that you'd get mugged, but those "breweries" make a lot of pineapple, rasberry, lemon-soufle, girly type beers. Some only come in cans (not on tap). One pub: Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.