PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I took a flyer on several tins. It sounds like something I’d like. If not, it was a limited run so hopefully I could break even or better on the secondary market

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 27, 2020
Sort of annoying that so many interesting blends were released around the same time. I was waiting on Thanksgiving Day and spent my allotted money for the next couple weeks on that.

Reactions: BROBS and mtwaller

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Their shit is leagues better than C&D.

You must be an aromatic smoker if you made this comment. But that’s OK, embrace it. For a real tobacco aficionado like myself, C&D is on another level than Sutliff.
Actually I believe Sutliff just threw some shit on their crumble cake that wasn’t selling and made it a limited edition.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
The natural apple flavor moderately sublimating the tobaccos (paraphrasing Jim) sounds most appetizing.
This for me is why I didn't purchase any. To each their own however. Obviously, there's tons of aromatic smokers out there.
fuck it I just ordered 7 tins from P&C
I enjoy some aromatics, but I am definitely not a fan of apple brandy. I'll wait to see what @BROBS thinks about it since I value his opinion when it comes to most aromatics, although now my [non-existent] reputation has probably taken a hit for making that statement! :) Between the apple brandy of the Sutliff Crumble Kake Barrel Aged No. 1 and the apparent big punch of nicotine in the last half of the new 4th Generation 2012 Anniversary blend (although the Virginia and pear combo sounds really good), I opted out of both offerings!

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I just can't bring myself to order anything that has the Sutliff label on it.
Their shit is leagues better than C&D.
I can neither confirm nor deny that statement. I have had no Sutliff-branded tobacco (although it's highly likely that I've had other blends made with Sutliff tobacco as a base) and surprisingly few C&D blends. After reflecting on this post I'm not even sure why I felt compelled to make it since it adds nothing to this conversation! Carry on...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
BROBS....you must big a big Smokers Pride guy?
I’d smoke it probably.
Nah I just dislike the 2 varieties of VA that C&D provides. Literally they have 2.

most blending houses use 20-30 varieties.

Sutliff makes quality shit and if you haven’t found one thing you like from them, you haven’t tried very much. Do you like Wessex Gold Slice? Sutliff.

Reactions: chopper

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Also I do like some C&D produced stuff, just not the majority of it.

and Sutliff’s Strong aros are terrible. So are C&D’s, Lane, etc etc. strong aros I’m not even taking into this equation so no I’m not an “aro” smoker tho I will smoke them.

sutliff describes the barrel aged number one as tobacco forward in flavor.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.