Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
So you'll be ordering from them again. Great! I'm sure they appreciate your servitude. Customer service is overrated anyway.

Customer servitude is essential to unquality care.

If I wasn't on a budget I would solely order from Bosewell's, KBV, Storyteller, Peretti, Country Squire and a few others. Really appreciate the service I've gotten from them (well maybe not Peretti but they're their own thing).

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I got one tin...never being someone who had ever enjoyed a Sutliff labeled Virginia, I was skeptical, but curious. It turns out, this still tastes very “Sutliffy” to me, but this is one I am actually able to enjoy. I am glad I have a tin, but I won’t miss it when it’s gone. I’m okay with that!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Customer servitude is essential to unquality care.

If I wasn't on a budget I would solely order from Bosewell's, KBV, Storyteller, Peretti, Country Squire and a few others. Really appreciate the service I've gotten from them (well maybe not Peretti but they're their own thing).
Peretti is very... efficient. I do adore their Oriental blends.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Man, this stuff is great. Super smooth and mellow, but with depth of flavor and just a bit of tang. Based on how sticky it is, I thought it would take more drying time than it did. About an hour worked great for me.
Not the moisture so much as it is breaking the stuff up & rubbing it out. Something like Irish Blessing is much worse. I've had a tin of that open in the car for 4 days now & it still gurgles!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I just opened today a tin I recently got from KBV.

When I opened it, the only scent was the smell of Vinegar, quite strong too.

I separated the flakes, after a few minutes, I started to get a slightly soap scent, along with the vinegar.

There is only the slightest scent of a tobacco smell, and I do mean slight, and my nose does have to search for it too.

I was told by a B&M shop I called, to let this dry for 4 days before smoking... hmm

KBV, has more in stock, and I was ready to pull the trigger and buy a few more tins, but I thought I was going to be greeted by scents of pepper, fruits, grass, floral, etc., not this.

Maybe my nose isn’t educated enough, and I need to keep sniffing in the tin, hunting out the scents, it does fell like this one does take some education.

Last edited:

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
I don't remember the 2019 version getting this much love. In fact I didn't even open a 2019 tin until after the 2020 was released. Figured I'd be able to snag a few tins if it was noticeably better than say 515... now I see the internet has ruined it for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.