PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Any reviews here on this flake? This is another one that sold in record time. Anyone else here stock up?

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I rubbed my tin out, let it sit for an hour. The first 25% of the bowl was actually pretty noneventful on flavor for the most part but then it was a fantastic smoke.

For me I found (from Jim’s review) the earth, slight pinches of spice rang true. No bite, no harsh edges. Slight sweetness. Burns clean down to a white ash. Once it is lit, no relights. Plenty of smoke if you are into that. I had no rough edges myself but I did decide to rub the entire tin out and let it sit an hour as it seemed to have a slight film to the broken flakes...appeared moist when it was not.

Only had a couple bowls so far but good stuff!
A2FEF768-EEC8-4F7F-8A32-B144C92DB4D7.jpeg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I rubbed my tin out, let it sit for an hour. The first 25% of the bowl was actually pretty noneventful on flavor for the most part but then it was a fantastic smoke.

For me I found (from Jim’s review) the earth, slight pinches of spice rang true. No bite, no harsh edges. Slight sweetness. Burns clean down to a white ash. Once it is lit, no relights. Plenty of smoke if you are into that. I had no rough edges myself but I did decide to rub the entire tin out and let it sit an hour as it seemed to have a slight film to the broken flakes...appeared moist when it was not.

View attachment 52535
Envious! Waiting on mine to arrive.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

View attachment 52535
Interesting the color variation. Mine is definitely more wood mahogany than yours. And my flakes seem to be be cut a bit thicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.