PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
So, Canada's tobacco selection is not great. There are two companies under the brigham banner, Mr. B's and Legends. From what I can tell is that these blends are made by Sutliff and, basically, just have different labels and names. There are some Brigham blends that are supposed to mimic Dunhill's. I am wondering if anyone is aware of a list that shows how Sutliff blends correspond to the Brigham ones.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Legend line is/was made by KnK in Germany, blended by Rudiger Will (at least in the case of Klondike Gold). I don't remember all the names, I think Aurora Borealis was Nightcappish, and the Klondike was like LIght Flake. I don't find Klondike too similar to today's "Dunhill Flake" really.

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
I think that's what my tin of Ripley Avenue said on the back label, which I've long since removed. But Ripley Ave. is old Brigham, which you can't find in Canada anymore. I got my tin from SPC. ?
I have seen Ripley Avenue around (unless you want an older production).

Reactions: BROBS

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
One reason why I'd like to know the name translations of the Sutliff blends is to know if any of their match blends have made it to Canada. The Legends series appears to be Dunhill matches. But Sutliff makes a lot of other matches and Canada doesn't get many of those original blends.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
One reason why I'd like to know the name translations of the Sutliff blends is to know if any of their match blends have made it to Canada. The Legends series appears to be Dunhill matches. But Sutliff makes a lot of other matches and Canada doesn't get many of those original blends.

Our local b&m has a complete listing. Next time I'm in I'll take a photo of the chart and send it to you.

Reactions: beef