PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
For those of you like me that just don't quite appreciate Sutliff's 507c Virginia slices. I find it just too weak and bland for my tastes, so I decided to add a little Five Brothers to spice it up, and it hit the spot! Both the flavor and the strength bumped up at least a couple of notches. So why bother if you don't like it, just don't buy it? I bought about four ounces of 507C several months ago and have let it age but it still just didn't do anything for me and I didn't want to waste it. Having never tried Five Brothers but having read of others who mixed it with other blends to amp up the octane, I thought why not try it. Glad I did. About a 2/1 or 3/1 ratio of 507C to 5 Bros. YMMV

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers is a great mixer as well as being a nice nic jolt on its own. Many mixes work surprisingly well. I had a tin of GLP Westminster that lost the flavor its Latakia, but I used it successfully as a mixer with various blends and single leaf and used it up, with satisfaction. Sometimes I have such a good time mixing this and that that I'm afraid I'm postponing opening the many and various tins and jars I have in waiting. Mixing expands the variety of flavors you have on hand.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I just got a 5 pouch of 5 brothers and you guys got me worried it will bust my gut with vitamin “N”. :?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m glad to hear you say this, we have similar taste so I’ll just skip buying the 507C all together. I was going to give it a whirl but you talked me out of it. Thanks, David!

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Nice call - I have not tried either of these yet, but did just order some Sutliff for aging. Will most definitely give this a go. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.