PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's all personal taste. I like non-tobacco flavorings in pipe tobacco blends to bring up and enhance the tobacco flavors. Tobacco-forward is one term for that. In MD, for me, the tobacco is just a carrier for the flavors. It's fun to sample, kind of like a flavored cola, but I wouldn't want a tin. I find that the flavorings that bring up tobacco leaf the best for me include alcoholic beverages like rum, whiskey, brandy, and liqueurs, and sometimes vanilla and fruit flavors like plum. Other food flavors, like chocolate and cocoa, I prefer in the foodstuffs themselves. But I don't want the flavorings to take over from the tobaccos themselves.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 2 aromatics in my cellar. One is the Molto Dole and the other is Cult Blood Red Moon. I smoke them when company comes over.
I get compliments on both but more on the Molto Dolce.
Yes you have to get used to the snap, crackle and pop the blend makes. I have never heard a blend so wet it makes noises but the shit burns fine. I don't even mind smoking it hear and there. I have a dedicated pipe for both my aromatics.

I was never a big aromatic smoker and I was really surprised that Cult Blood Red Moon needed no drying time and it had real cherry flavor with some chocolate I took a shot that both were made after the deemig laws and I predict they will be pulled off the market. I predict in 10 years I can sell them for 500.00 each .just a feeling have on this that people will go nuts after. Hey the worst thing that happens is I sell them for their original prices.

I know I will make a 40 percent proper I smell money like dogs smelleachothers ass holes

JSPiper71

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Maybe you’re on the wrong track Tobacco wise. Personally, as a new pipe smoker too, any Aro that I’ve tried that attempts to mask the beauty that comes naturally from the tobacco makes me want to barf. Maybe because I’ve smoked cigars for 30 years and never cigarettes. Try a red Virginia based VaPer and I can tell you for certain, your taste buds will come alive. Here’s some of my favs at this point.

Sutliff Cringle
GSP Six Pence
H&H Anniversary
Escudo

Buy some aged offerings from the generous people on this forum and buy lots of fresh whatever you end up liking to age.

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
Molto Dulce has a very strong and pleasant flavor and needs no re-lighting. Not sure what folks are fussing about there. Highly recommended vanilla and cream tastes with warm caramel. One of Sutliff's best. Soothing with no bite and almost no nic-hit. Thick plumes of sweetness. Think Werther's Original dipped quickly in some bourbon-based vanilla extract before savoring the candy.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Molto Dulce has a very strong and pleasant flavor and needs no re-lighting. Not sure what folks are fussing about there. Highly recommended vanilla and cream tastes with warm caramel. One of Sutliff's best. Soothing with no bite and almost no nic-hit. Thick plumes of sweetness. Think Werther's Original dipped quickly in some bourbon-based vanilla extract before savoring the candy.
No

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
As long as you like it that’s all that counts… It’s not like there’s an approved list of tobaccos you can only smoke to be on the “cool” list.

Eventually you’ll want to try out non aromatic tobaccos to get a feel for those. Buy some straight Burley, Virginia, Turkish/Orientals and give those a go. You might not get much out of them at first, but then again it’s an acquired taste just like coffee, beer, whiskey, etc.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I have a love-hate thing with Molto Dolce. Very occasionally it hits the spot. Most of the time I regret putting it in the bowl. I only smoke it in one pipe, a meer, which it ghosts immediately. Luckily, I like MD better as a ghost. Yes, it's goopy but it's a quality aromatic that smokes easily and has a good room note. It's one blend you don't have to jar. An open tin can last probably for a decade!

Mar 1, 2014

Just a reminder that for all intents and purposes Creme Brulee is Bulk Molto Dolce.
You'll get more sauce in the tin but the bulk is plenty satisfying.