PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
I was passing through a little town today and stopped off at a little place and surprised to find a rather well stocked tobacco shop. I thought it was well rounded with a large wide selection of cigars, some beverages, some pipe tobacco, and pipes and of course some cigarettes. I snapped a couple of quick and discrete pics of the pipes and some tobaccos. I'm new to pipe smoking and I'd be interested to know tobacco in the case catches your eye. They had some large bags in the back of the store, but I didn't go back to take a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 65

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The Dunhill Standard Mixture is also worth picking up. It's too recent to be collectible, but it's a good smoke. And in another few years it might actually become decent trade bait once smokers become nostalgic for the Pre-Peterson Dunhill tins.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Nice they have some rare tins but by no means is this close to a well stocked B&M. Looks like this is a place that mostly forgot about pipes some time ago and you're seeing the left overs.

I think it is primarily a cigar store. Lots of cigars. The large bags in the back might attention but these cases look neglected

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This sounds like a dream sequence. If they don't know what they have and charge prices established before some of these were discontinued, it could be a real windfall. Happy hunting. I would sure give them some business if possible. I'm surprised they can make it in a smaller community, but hurrah for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.