PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Got a call this morning, headhunting company wants me to come in to interview for a handful of welding positions. I'm giddy! Going to their office at 2, hope it goes well!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice, good luck! Wish that I could weld, that's one skill I'd love to cultivate. Our local college has an intro class, I've mulled over giving that a try.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Good luck on the interview!
Wish that I could weld, that's one skill I'd love to cultivate. Our local college has an intro class, I've mulled over giving that a try.
I'd say go for it. I taught high school welding for 5 years and welding is a skill that is dependent on practice. Put the time and effort in and it is something anyone can become proficient at.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Wish that I could weld, that's one skill I'd love to cultivate."
Having worked in the precision sheet metal fabrication industry for 19-years I can tell you that today a good welder can pretty much write his or her own ticket!

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Finally back home. Interview was quick, but seemed good. Guy said he can definitely place me, just a matter of finding a job to match my skillsets. Looking forward to hearing what he digs up. In the meantime, I've got an interview for some lift-operating job at the local ski resort. Not glamorous, very cold, but jobs is jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.