PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Had surgery on Monday 31Oct, and figured I'd be about 90-95 percent by Wednesday. Well it's now Friday and I'd say I'm about 50 percent. Still having trouble just putting socks on and going to the restroom. Thought I'd be back at work by Monday, however my discharge says no lifting, pushing, pulling for 2 weeks. So looks like I'll be out next week, been trying to do some painting but sitting in the painting position hurts like heck. Well at least I have my pipes, and can enjoy some HH Latakia Flake.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hope you get feeling better soon. Take it slow. As soon as you feel well enough, there's this temptation to push the limits. Big mistake. Do a little less, or a lot less, than you want for a while. Otherwise you're back down and hurting. Hope it all goes well, and surprises you with rapid healing.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Had a total hip replacement and thought I would be back in a month. Didn't work out to good for me (and I'm a tough old sob). :rofl:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'm with MSO. You've got to pace yourself.
Your mind has one schedule but your body has the correct one. Listen to the latter.
Fnord

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jeep, sorry for the slow healing, but you are healing, like the man said,leave the socks, or do as I do when my old rumatisicam body can't kink I holler at the wife, Sock Time. Glad you have your pipes for distraction, let your body tell you what you can do. :puffy:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's funny how we have so much in common. After much time testing this out for myself, I came to the exact same conclusion. Surgery does suck. I always advise others to not have it whenever possible :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Ouch! Good luck for a speedy recovery. Smoke as much as you can in the meantime, enjoy life. Few know how to anymore.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Thanks everyone, I had drill this weekend and went into it thankfully no heavy lifting required. Still won't be returning to my normal job tomorrow or Tuesday. Doubt at all for the next week, still waking up with pains but slowly getting there.
Was able to get seated in order to work on painting and assembling some miniatures. I'll post some pics of the couple I have smoking pipes when they are completed.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Hope you feel better quickly. In the meantime, trade the socks for slippers for a while when possible. :puffy:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Damn. Hope you get well soon and I hope you're enjoying that HH Latakia Flake. It's on my long list of tobacco's to try.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
+1 on being patient. Make sure you don't overdo it and void the benefit you are getting from the surgery in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.